Dubai to Jebel Jais Day Trip Guide | Getting There, Things to Do, Restaurants & More
Located on the eastern side of Ras Al Khaimah, Jebel Jais is the highest peak in the UAE. This mountain is a popular tourist attraction and also hosts the world’s longest zipline. If you are an adventure enthusiast, then there are a lot of things to do at Jebel Jais including hiking, cycling, camping, and more. Read on to know more about how you can plan a day trip from Dubai to Jebel Jais.
Why Take a Day Trip from Dubai to Jebel Jais?
- Jebel Jais is the highest peak in the UAE that offers stunning views to visitors.
- Located to the north of Ras Al Khaimah, Jebel Jais is a part of the Hajar mountains that were formed over 70 million years ago.
- This mountain range offers lots of fun and adventurous activities to visitors.
- At a height of 1,934m, Jebel Jais also hosts the longest zipline in the world.
- There are many amazing trails that visitors can hike and climb without the help of a guide.
- Go to UAE’s highest sky bridge to enjoy the views of the Hajar mountains on your Jebel Jais aerial tour.
- Visitors can also experience a raw camping or cycling experience on Jebel Jais.
Dubai to Jebel Jais Day Trip: At a Glance
Distance from Dubai: 175 km or 109 mi
Travel Time: About 2.5 hours
Best Time to visit: November to April
Modes of transportation: Car/taxi or bus
Approx Budget: About AED 800
Things to do: Ziplining, viewpoints, hiking, camping, obstacle courses, and more.
Getting to Jebel Jais From Dubai
Travel Time: 3 hours
Bus Stations: Ras Al Khaimah
Timings: To reach Jebel Jais, visitors need to take a bus from Dubai to Ras Al Khaimah. Buses 17, C-19, and C-26 are the main buses that run this route throughout the day. There are also shuttle buses originating from Dubai Airport that take 50 minutes and leave every two hours. From Ras Al Khaimah, tourists can take a taxi or a shuttle bus to reach Jebel Jais.
Price: Single Journey - AED 60
Travel Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Jebel Jais can be easily reached via car or taxi from Dubai. The highways connecting Dubai to Jebel Jais are well-maintained and allow visitors to enjoy the views.
Taxi Fare: AED 360 – AED 440
Top Things to Do on A Dubai to Jebel Jais Day Trip
1. Enjoy Stunning Vistas from Jais Viewing Deck Park
Jais Viewing Deck Park is an ideal place to visit for anyone who wants to relax and take in the surrounding mountain views. This park is home to 7 viewing decks with binoculars that offer amazing views of the Hajar mountains and the Arabian Gulf. There are also a few restaurants here where visitors can eat and watch tourists enjoying different activities on the peak.
Nearby: Jebel Jais Viewpoint 8, Toro Verde Adventure, Wadi Shah Peak
Entry: AED 5
Things to See Near Jebel Jais
Jebel Jais Observation Deck
Sight-seeing | View Point
This is an observation deck at the Jebel Jais peak from where visitors can enjoy the stunning mountain vistas through a telescope.
Distance: 4.8 km or 8 min
Jais View Point 1
It is a popular tourist attraction in Jebel Jais as it offers an amazing view of the mountains and is a popular camping and BBQ site.
Distance: 13.3 km or 18 min
Samar Hiking Trail is one of the best hiking routes in Jebel Jais that starts from this car park.
Distance: 13.7 km or 18 min
Dhayah Fort is an 18th-century fort located in Ras Al Khaimah and is the highest hilltop fort in the United Arab Emirates.
Distance: 70 km or 1 hour 25 min
Best Places to Eat in Jebel Jais
Puro Express is a popular snack stop in Jebel Jais which is located on the Jebel Jais Viewing Deck. This place is famous for its Italian cuisine and the stunning views of the Hajar mountains.
Price for two: AED 100
Address: Viewing Deck Park - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates
This is a cute, little coffee stand with a seating area in Jebel Jais that allows for a quick lunch while taking in the views of the mountains around you.
Price for two: AED 100
Address: W4QJ+8M9 - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates
1484 by Puro
For a fine dining experience, 1484 by Puro is one of the best places to eat in Jebel Jais while enjoying the breathtaking mountain vistas.
Price for two: AED 300
Address: Jebel Jais Welcome Center - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates
Bread and Meat
This is a great place to eat in Jebel Jais where they serve all kinds of snacks such as kebabs, pizza, bread, plov, and more.
Price for two: AED 100
Address: Jebel Jais - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates
Best Places to Stay in Jebel Jais
Check out these amazing hotels in Jebel Jais that offer you not only comfortable but extremely affordable rooms too.
Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah: This is an eco-friendly harborfront hotel that features big and airy rooms. Guests also have access to an outdoor pool and a lobby bar to keep themselves entertained here.
- Price for 2/night: AED 225
DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah: Located close to Al Hamra Beach, DoubleTree by Hilton Resort is another great place to stay near Jebel Jais.
- Price for 2/night: AED 250
If you want a comfortable stay at a good hotel while not spending too much, then here are the best hotels to check out.
The Cove Rotana Resort: Enjoy a stay in this high-end resort that is located on a private beach. Visitors can enjoy the amazing gulf views along with a spa and outdoor pools.
- Price for 2/night: AED 450
Mangrove Hotel: Mangrove Hotel is a 4-star hotel in Ras Al Khaimah that features a rooftop pool, a spa, and several dining options.
- Price for 2/night: AED 400
For those who want to enjoy a luxurious stay near Jebel Jais, this is the best place to stay.
Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Beach Resort: This stylish 5-star resort looks quite gorgeous and comes with access to a private beach.
- Price for 2/night: AED 680
More Things to do on a Day Trip From Dubai to Jebel Jais
- Try out the ropes course on UAE’s highest mountain.
- Enjoy your food while taking in beautiful mountain vistas.
- Cycle to the top of Jebel Jais mountain.
- Rent telescopes or binoculars to enjoy the views from Jebel Jais peak.
- Hike and explore the different trails at Jebel Jais mountains.
- Wear clothes that are well-suited to the mountainous terrain.
- Carry an extra jacket if you are planning to visit in the winter months.
- For a day trip from Dubai, a car or a taxi is the quickest and most convenient way to reach Jebel Jais.
- Wear good pair of trekking or climbing shoes.
- If you are planning a trip in summer, book your ziplining tour in advance as it is a popular time to zipline at Jebel Jais.
- Make sure you follow the local laws when camping in the mountain.
- There is free parking available here where visitors can park their vehicles.
- There are only two restaurants available onsite so, pack sufficient snacks and drinks for your trip.
- Visitors who plan to stay overnight should pack necessary snacks and water as the peak closes at 5 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions About Your Dubai to Jebel Jais Day Trip
Tourists can take a bus to travel from Dubai to Jebel Jais and vice versa. You can also rent a car or hire a taxi and reach Jebel Jais from Dubai in 2 hours 40 minutes.
The top things to do on a Dubai to Jebel Jais day trip are ziplining, hiking, enjoying views from the highest peak, riding Jais Sledder, and more.
It will take you around 16 – 18 hours to do a day trip from Dubai to Jebel Jais.
If you are traveling to Jebel Jais from Dubai on a day trip, then Punjab Pakistani restaurant, Jebel Jais Top Cafeteria 2016, and Muse Café are the best places to eat.
DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah, Hilton Garden Inn Ras Al Khaimah, and The Cove Rotana Resort is the few best places to stay in Jebel Jais.
The quickest and easiest way to reach Jebel Jais from Dubai is by taking a taxi or a car rental.
Yes, Jebel Jais is the highest mountain peak in the UAE that offers lots of adventurous activities to visitors.
The best places to eat on a Dubai to Jebel Jais day trip are Puro Express, 1484 by Puro, and Bread and Meat.
The best things to see near Jebel Jais are Jebel Jais Observation Deck, Jais Adventure Peak, and Samar Trail Car Park.
Yes, it is completely safe to camp overnight at Jebel Jais. There are many toilets available for visitors to use and one can also do a BBQ at night here.
It is quite safe to drive to Jebel Jais but one should have a 4WD to reach the peak since tarmac roads end far below the mountain peak. The roads are a little narrow but perfectly safe for driving.
The road leading to Jebel Jais is 30km long and pretty smooth so, it can take you around 45 minutes to reach Jebel Jais.
There is no direct bus from Dubai to Jebel Jais but visitors can reach Ras Al Khaimah via bus. There are regular shuttle buses from Ras Al Khaimah to Jebel Jais that cost AED 20 for a ride. These buses take 1 hour to reach the peak.