Everything You Need To Know About Visiting Burj Al Arab
Welcome to the world-renowned Burj Al Arab, a 5-star luxury hotel located in Dubai that stands tall as one of the most iconic landmarks in the city. The Burj Al Arab is not just a hotel, but a symbol of extravagance and opulence, offering visitors an unmatched experience.
Burj Al Arab is famous for its sail-shaped architecture, luxury amenities, and unmatched hospitality. Interestingly, the Burj Al Arab is the fourth-tallest hotel in the world, and its helipad has been used for a tennis match between Andre Agassi and Roger Federer.
This page will provide you with all the information you need to plan your visit to the Burj Al Arab, including dining options, and how to get there.
Inside Burj Al Arab | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Burj Al Arab tour timings?
Burj Al Arab is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Where is the Burj Al Arab located?
The Burj Al Arab is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, on an artificial island off the Jumeirah Beach coastline.
- Does Burj Al Arab have dining facilities?
Yes, Burj Al Arab has several dining facilities, including several award-winning restaurants and bars.
- What is the best time to visit Burj Al Arab?
The best time to visit Burj Al Arab is in the cooler months between November and April when the weather is more comfortable for outdoor activities.
Burj Al Arab tour Timings
General Opening Hours
The Burj Al Arab hotel is accessible all day, all year long. The Inside Burj Al Arab tour is undertaken daily between 10 AM and 7 PM for the Burj Al Arab guided tour.
Duration of visit
Although the typical duration of a visit to Burj Al Arab is 90 minutes, it may vary depending on the specific activities that visitors choose to engage in. For example, guests who have reservations for dining or drinks may spend more time at the hotel, while those who are simply taking a tour may spend less time
Where Is Burj Al Arab Located?
Address: شارع جميرا، - Umm Suqeim 3 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab's location is on a man-made island connected to Jumeirah Beach by a private curved bridge in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Closest landmark: Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Getting To The Burj Al Arab in Dubai
By Public Transport
By Bus: Burj Al Arab Hotel Bus Stop 2, which is a 9-minute walk to the Burj Al Arab, is situated along the routes of buses 8, 81, and X28.
By Metro: The Burj Al Arab is located near two Mankhool stations: Standard Chartered Bank - 02 (a 5-minute walk, 368 meters away) and Street 7 1 - 01 (a 6-minute walk, 399 meters away). Visitors can also take the M1 metro to the Al Ras Metro Station, which is an 8-minute walk from the hotel, or to the Burjuman Metro Station, which is a 25-minute walk away.
The Burj Al Arab is located near two Mankhool stations: Standard Chartered Bank - 02 (a 5-minute walk, 368 meters away) and Street 7 1 - 01 (a 6-minute walk, 399 meters away).
Visitors can also take the M1 metro to the Al Ras Metro Station, which is an 8-minute walk from the hotel, or to the Burjuman Metro Station, which is a 25-minute walk away.
Book Your Tickets to Burj Al Arab
Know Before You Visit Burj Al Arab
- SAL: This is a relaxed eatery with an elegant coastal ambiance, situated in the Burj Al Arab and overlooking the sparkling waters of the Arabian Gulf. The restaurant's menu mainly features cuisine inspired by the Southern Mediterranean region, with a focus on fresh ingredients. Guests can also enjoy drinks at the restaurant bar.
- Al Muntaha: A Michelin-starred restaurant serving the finest French and Italian cuisine curated by acclaimed Chef Saverio Sbaragli, along with a breathtaking scenic view of the Arabian Gulf, making it the ideal location for a romantic dinner or special occasion.
- Al Iwan: It is an Arabesque restaurant located inside the Burj Al Arab, offering a luxurious dining experience. The restaurant is located on the 1st floor and has floor-to-ceiling windows with panoramic views of the sea and the city.
- Gilt: It is a contemporary cocktail bar located in the Burj Al Arab, known for its vibrant atmosphere and stylish decor. With its chic and modern interior, Gilt provides a sophisticated setting to enjoy an evening of cocktails and conversation.
- Al Mahara: Chef Andrea Migliaccio, who hails from the Two-Michelin star 'Ristorante L'Olivo' in Capri, offers a gourmet dining experience at the Al Mahara.
- Skyview Lounge: The Skyview Lounge is located on the 27th floor of the Burj Al Arab, and offers stunning views of the city skyline and the Arabian Gulf. The lounge is known for its mixology, with skilled bartenders crafting creative cocktails using premium ingredients.
- Photography is prohibited inside Burj Al Arab.
- Beachwear is not allowed inside the hotel.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the attraction.
- Visitors must wear a smart/casual outfit inside Burj Al Arab, and tailored shorts are allowed.
- Visitors must follow the instructions of the tour guides and staff members at all times.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Burj Al Arab.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark Dubai: The Wild Wadi Waterpark, an outdoor waterpark located in Jumeirah, is an excellent place to enjoy and have fun. The park features 30 different rides and attractions and is themed around Juha, a popular character from Arabian folklore. The waterpark is situated 1.7km away from the Burj Al Arab.
- XPark Jr: XPark Jr. is an urban forest that provides children with a natural playscape to engage in activities and have fun while learning. The park offers several activities for groups and individuals, and it is located in close proximity to Burj Al Arab, just 5.5km away. The park aims to offer children an immersive experience in nature and outdoor play, making it an ideal place for families visiting Dubai.
- 3D World Selfie Museum Dubai: 3D World Selfie Museum Dubai is the world's largest 3D museum that offers a unique and interactive experience where visitors can immerse themselves in optical illusions and "trick art" that creates an illusion of defying reality. The museum features an interactive gallery that is located just 9km away (a 15-minute car ride) from Burj Al Arab. This attraction is ideal for those who love photography and enjoy unique and unusual experiences.
- Ski Dubai: Ski Dubai is an indoor ski resort situated in the Mall of the Emirates, just 3.7 km away from Burj Al Arab. It's a perfect place to escape the hot weather of Dubai, and you can even interact with penguins in addition to enjoying various activities.
- IMG Worlds of Adventure: IMG Worlds of Adventure is a themed amusement park with five different zones and over 20 rides. As the largest indoor theme park in Dubai, it offers attractions for all levels of thrill-seekers. The park is located 27.7 kilometers away from Burj Al Arab.
- Madinat Jumeirah: Madinat Jumeirah is a vibrant Arabian-themed mini-city in Dubai, located approximately 1.2 km away from Burj Al Arab. This stunning complex features faux-Moorish-style architecture spread over 40 hectares. With over 50 dining options, including restaurants, lounges, and nightspots, Madinat Jumeirah is a must-visit destination for those seeking an authentic Arabian experience.
- Plan ahead and book your tour in advance to avoid disappointment. Tickets can sell out quickly, especially during peak seasons.
- Dress appropriately. Although there is no strict dress code, it is recommended to dress smart/casual. Avoid beachwear, shorts, and flip-flops.
- Don't forget your ID. You will need to present a valid ID to enter the hotel premises.
- Arrive early. To avoid long queues and crowds, it's best to arrive before 1 PM. This will also give you more time to explore the hotel.
- Bring your camera. Although photography is prohibited inside the hotel, there are plenty of great photo opportunities outside.
- Be respectful. Burj Al Arab is a luxury hotel, so it's important to be respectful of the property and other guests.
- Don't miss the Skyview Lounge. This is located on the 27th floor and offers amazing views of Dubai's skyline.
- Explore the different restaurants and bars. Burj Al Arab is home to several world-class dining options, each with its own unique atmosphere and cuisine.
- Take your time. There is plenty to see and do inside Burj Al Arab, so take your time and enjoy the experience.
- Follow the rules. There are certain guidelines you need to follow while inside the hotel, such as no outside food, no smoking, and no photography.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Burj Al Arab
A. Yes, the Burj Al Arab is worth visiting for its luxurious architecture, stunning views, and exceptional dining options.
A. The Burj Al Arab is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, on an artificial island off the Jumeirah Beach coastline.
A. The Burj Al Arab hotel is open 24/7 every day of the year, while the Inside Burj Al Arab tour is available daily from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
A. The Burj Al Arab is 321 meters tall and has 56 floors.
A. The Burj Al Arab tour, being an indoor attraction, is not affected by weather conditions and can be visited year-round. However, it is recommended to plan the visit during the months of November to April when the weather is cooler.
A. Bus: Stop 2 (9-minute walk) serviced by buses 8, 81, and X28. Metro: nearby Mankhool stations - Standard Chartered Bank 02 (5 min walk) and Street 7 1-01 (6 min walk).
A. The Burj Al Arab is close to two Mankhool stations, Standard Chartered Bank - 02 and Street 7 1 - 01. Al Ras and Burjuman Metro Stations are also nearby.
A. There is no specific age limit to visit Burj Al Arab, but children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
A. Visitors are advised to dress in smart/casual attire while inside Burj Al Arab. Tailored shorts are permitted, but beachwear is not allowed.
A. Yes, visitors can make a reservation at one of the many restaurants inside the Burj Al Arab hotel even if they are not staying at the hotel.
A. Yes, wheelchairs are provided inside Burj Al Arab upon request.