Best Time to Visit Dubai 2022 | Weather, Events, and Things to do
Home to the numerous world-famous tourist attractions, Dubai is visited round the year by millions of people from around the globe. From towering skyscrapers and sleek architectural structures to quaint cruises on the Dubai Creek, the city is tailor-made to captivate tourists in the grandest fashion. Whether you want to explore the Burj Khalifa or take a short stroll along vibrant streets lined with shops, Dubai has something to offer everyone.
The climate varies with each changing month but mostly remains pleasant throughout the year. The months of winter are usually the coldest, whereas summers can get long and quite hot. Read on to find out the best time for you to visit Dubai before booking your tickets to this opulent oasis.
What's the Best Time to Visit Dubai?
Best Time for Staying Outdoors: November, December, January, February, March, April
Best Time for Beach Goers: March, April, September, October
Best Time for Honeymooners: December, January, February
Best Time for Budget Travelers: May, June, July, August
Best Time for Shopaholics: January, July
When: December - April
What to Expect:
- The high season in Dubai starts from December and goes on till April.
- Dubai sees the most tourist footfalls during these months owing to ideal weather, pleasant temperatures, and clear skies.
- The city comes alive with concerts, live events, and shopping festivals.
- Expect long lines and thick crowds at most attractions and increased accommodation fares.
When: September - November
What to Expect:
- The shoulder season in Dubai is typically between September and October.
- As the city cools off a fiery summer, tourist activities and events start to pick up pace under a much cooler Dubai sky.
- The beaches are alive with exciting water activities like jet-surfing and paragliding.
- The rates through the city are still low meaning you can save on accommodation and shopping.
What to Expect:
- The low Season in Dubai usually starts in May and extends up until August in Dubai.
- The City of Gold is at its hottest under the summer sun and everything from airfares and accommodation to shopping comes with a discount.
- Do note that outdoor attractions like the Dubai Desert Safari and the Dubai Safari Park remain closed for a duration in the low season.
Seasons in Dubai
May - August
- 30 - 42°C During the Day
- 25 - 35°C During the Night
Summer is always scorching hot in Dubai, a city in the smack center of a desert. The summer scorches the Dubai landscape from May to August where you can experience up to 13 hours of sunlight in a day. If you can bear the blazing heat, this is the best time to visit Dubai for thin lines at attractions and attractive off-season offers.
Travel Tips: Drink plenty of fluids and try to wear loose clothing and light colors. Don't forget to bring an umbrella or a hat for shade and stay in the air-conditioned areas as much as possible.
September - April
- 23 - 30°C During the Day
- 17-22°C During the Night
Not your typical winter by any standards, Dubai is still enjoyable in the winter. Temperate weather, clear skies, and bring sunny days make Dubai the perfect escape from the chilling cold and snow. Anything from going dune-bashing in the Dubai Desert to whizzing down a water slide in Wild Wadi Waterpark, this is the best time to do that and much more!
Travel Tips: If you are traveling during winter, be sure to book your tickets and hotels in advance as they tend to fill up quickly. Wear layers as the temperature may vary throughout the day.
Recommended Attractions in Dubai
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai
- Try to go on a weekday when the city isn't as busy.
- Try not to go too close to Ramadan, because it's extremely crowded and hotels will be more expensive than usual.
- Get your bus and metro cards at the airport rather than purchasing them beforehand so you don't spend unnecessary time waiting in line.
- When visiting Dubai, it's important to dress modestly. Wearing shorts and tank tops is not advised.
- Women should carry a shawl or scarf with them, as it may be required to cover their heads in some places.
- It's also important to be aware of the culture and customs of Dubai before you visit.
- If you're looking to save money, avoid eating at restaurants located in hotels. Instead, try eating at local restaurants or food courts.
- Go on a desert safari while you're here, it's one of the top things to do while visiting Dubai. You can go on an adventurous dune bashing excursion or even take an evening belly dancing class.
- Lose yourself in the beautiful malls of Dubai. There are so many amazing shopping centers here, some better than others. Try to find time to visit the Mall of The Emirates, Dubai Mall, and IBN Battuta Mall.
- Explore the diverse Dubai landmarks like Burj Khalifa, The Old Souk, and the Dubai Creek.
- Explore the vibrant nightlife in Dubai. There are various bars and nightclubs here to keep you entertained during your visit.
- Be careful about where you leave your car because if you get caught without a valet ticket, it will be towed.
Know More About the Best Time to Visit Dubai
If you want to explore the Dubai desert and its various adventures, the best time to visit Dubai is in November or December. If you want to go swimming, surfing, or beach-hopping, the best time to visit Dubai is from November to March. Keep in mind that it can be quite hot during the summer months, so make sure to pack appropriately!
The best time to get discounts is in the summer, from June to August. There are fewer tourists during this time and businesses are more likely to offer discounts to attract customers.
The coldest months in Dubai are December, January, and February with temperatures dropping to 12°C during the night.
The hottest months in Dubai are July and August with temperatures soaring to 43°C.
Dubai can be quite hot in the summer months with temperatures reaching up to 45°C.
The best time to visit beaches in Dubai is from October to April, when the weather is cooler.
Make sure to pack sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses, as it can be quite hot during the summer months. Keep in mind that it can be quite expensive in Dubai, so make sure to budget accordingly.
If you’re looking to visit Dubai with your kids, the best time to go is in the winter months from November to March. The weather is still bearable for your little ones with various fun events and festivals at the time.
The best time to visit Dubai when traveling solo is from June to August and September to October. You can expect great discounts on accommodation and flight tickets.
December and January is the best time to visit Dubai for shopping. The world-famous Dubai Shopping Festival is held during these months too.