A Guide to Visiting Dubai in December | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai is undoubtedly one of the most popular and coveted vacation destinations in the world. This city has it all, from the world's tallest building to the world's second-largest retail mall. It is a destination for individuals from all over the world looking to spend their vacations in comfort and extravagance. From spectacular vistas to luxurious accommodations, desert safaris to beaches, indoor-outdoor adventures to unrivaled shopping, Dubai has it all to make your vacation the greatest it has ever been. While the city is inviting all year, the best time to visit is in December, when the weather is comparably colder and the city is buzzing with activities and festivities.
Is December a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
There’s a lot to enjoy about Dubai in December, particularly the calming weather and the many events lined up for the holiday season.
Why You Should Visit
- On several days throughout December, particularly the 25th and 31st, Dubai is beautifully lit with fairy lights and mesmerizing pyrotechnics.
- The Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai Shopping Festival, and UAE National Day Festival are just a few of the activities that take place throughout December in Dubai.
- December is an excellent time to visit Dubai owing to the pleasant tropical weather.
What to Look Out For
- If you’re looking for a typical winter holiday experience, Dubai is not the place for you since it doesn’t get cold even in December.
- Owing to the great weather, December is one of the busiest months in Dubai and the most crowded too.
- Hotel and flight tickets may be higher than usual due to peak tourist season and end-of-year festivities.
Overview of Weather in Dubai in December
More About Weather in Dubai in December
How cold is Dubai in December?
During the month of December, the average temperature in Dubai ranges from 24°C to 30°C. As a result, even in December, Dubai has a dry and hot climate.
Can You Swim at Beaches in Dubai in December?
Yes, you can swim and participate in a variety of water sports in Dubai in December. The water temperature is 23°C, which is ideal for swimming.
Does it rain in Dubai in December?
Dubai in December is hot and dry with almost no rain.
Is Dubai Windy in December?
No, winds very rarely rise beyond light to moderate breezes in December.
Best Things to do in Dubai in December
8. La Perle Show
Live Show | Entertainment
The La Perle Show, designed and created by the great Franco Dragone, is visually stunning and provides spectators with a mesmerizing experience. The theatre is one-of-a-kind, with more than 60 world-class performers doing incredible exploits and feats throughout the play. If you're visiting Dubai with your kids, this is a must-see attraction.
Skydiving | Adventure Activity
For all thrill-seekers, skydiving in Dubai is one of the must-do activities among many others. Jump into the air from nearly 14,000 feet and come crashing down to the ground before being dragged away by your parachute. Book your skydiving experience tickets much in advance to get your preferred slot.
11. Dubai International Film Festival
The festival's goal is to recognize cinematic greatness while also encouraging open discussion across cultures and nations. Encourage and develop local and international talent, driving and promoting the industry's growth while also offering a valuable cultural benefit to the people of Dubai and the UAE.
12. Jumeirah Mosque
City Landmark | Mosque
The Jumeirah Mosque is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Dubai. It's known for its intricate architecture and beautiful design. The mosque is open to tourists from all religions, and it's a great place to learn about Islamic culture, history, and the mosque's significance in Emirati culture.
Events in Dubai in December
Shopping in Dubai in December
Dubai Shopping Festival: 15 Dec - 29 Jan
The magnificent Dubai Shopping Festival attracts visitors from all over the world, and if you are a shopaholic, you must prepare to experience the stunning festival. The dates for the 2022 Dubai Shopping Festival are 15 December 2021 to 29 January 2022. Because this is a city-wide celebration, it can be experienced in a variety of venues. Global Village, Mall of the Emirates, Al Rigga Street, The Layali Dubai Concert, Night Souk, and Dragon Mart are among the locations for the Dubai Shopping Festival.
Know more >
Know Before You Visit Dubai in December
What to Wear in Dubai in December
- Lightweight clothing since it’s relatively hot during the day
- A jacket in case it gets too cold
- Lightweight cardigans for cooler evenings
- Party casuals and shoes for your night outs if you’re visiting around Christmas or New Year’s
What to Pack in Dubai in December
- Power Adapter: Type C, D, And G
- A high SPF sun cream to keep away UV rays, hat or scarf of bandanas, sunglasses, swimsuit with coveralls, and comfortable flip-flops or shoes.
- A daypack with enough pockets for all of your items to be carried around during the day.
Getting Around Dubai in December
By Metro: The Dubai metro is the most cost-effective way to see the city. Because the Dubai metro runs primarily above ground, it provides a spectacular view of the city. Metro map.
By Taxi: Taxis are one of the most cost-effective and handy ways to get around the city. They can be flagged down on the street, or rented over the phone or through the RTA Smart Taxi app.
By Bus: Buses are an excellent means to navigate throughout the city as well as between the Emirates. The majority of buses have wifi and demand a small price, making them a perfect alternative to expensive cabs. Bus map.
By Boat: At least once, take a ride on the Dubai Water Taxi; it's a very unique experience.
Where to Stay in Dubai in December
The modern city of Dubai offers various options for accommodations. Explore our list and opt for the hotel that suits you!
- Budget Hotels: Radisson Blu Hotel, Carlton Downtown, Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Deira Creek, and Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Mid-range: Marina Crown Tower, Intercontinental Dubai Marina, Dallas Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Atlantis, The Palm, One & Only Royal Mirage, Burj Al Arab, Sofitel The Palm, Al Qasr, Kempinski, and Ritz Carlton
What to eat in Dubai in Decemeber
Dubai is a true foodie's paradise with lip-smacking cuisines from all corners of the globe. Explore the best Emirati cuisine and try a few international dishes during your time at this amazing city.
- Manousheh: People with savory taste buds will like Manousheh, the native Dubai pizza. Exotic toppings like salty Akkawi cheese, earthy zaatar herbs, and olive oil are stuffed into stretched dough or flatbread.
- Chelo Kebab: Chelo Kebab is a kebab served with delicious saffron-scented basmati rice and a pat of butter. It is said to be out of this world and delicious.
- Al Machboos: Due to the zesty flavors, this is considered the most famous food in Dubai. This classic recipe combines rice, onions, and beef, all seasoned with spices, salt, and dried lemon.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in December
- December is one of Dubai's busiest months, so plan and book ahead of time to ensure you don't miss out on any of your scheduled activities.
- You may wear whatever you want as long as it is appropriate for the occasion. Shoulders and knees must be covered in religious and official settings.
- After you've got a flavor for modern Dubai, head to the souks to get a feel for the old. Specifically, with traders from all across the Middle East, you may be able to get some fantastic discounts.
- In general, only restaurants, discos, and pubs are permitted to serve alcohol in Dubai. Although there are no drinking restrictions for tourists, make sure you're not too tipsy.
- Even though Dubai is a liberal city, you must respect its traditions and customs. First and foremost, avoid public displays of affection in any public location.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in December Answered
Yes. When it comes to visiting Dubai, December is one of the best months of the year. The weather is hot and humid, but not as hot as it is during the summer months. During this time of year, there are also several festivals and events to attend.
In Dubai, December is not particularly cold. The temperature is normally in the mid-20s during the day and drops to the mid-10s at night. You won't need any winter clothing, although a light jacket would suffice.
Dubai is hot and dry in December, with hardly any rain. With eight hours of daylight per day, you'll have plenty of time to explore this fascinating city.
Swimming in Dubai and the surrounding area is lovely in December. The average sea temperature is 78°F, which allows you to swim for lengthy periods and participate in water sports.
In December, Dubai receives approximately 11 hours of daylight daily, with an average of eight hours of strong sunshine, making Dubai an excellent winter sun destination.
If you're visiting Dubai in the winter, bring a pair of long pants or a long skirt, as well as a sweater. A light jacket is also recommended, particularly if you plan on going on any evening adventures on the water or in the desert.
The average rainfall in Dubai in December is 15 mm (0.59 in), with rain falling on only two days out of the month.
In general, Dubai's prices are similar to those in other major cities throughout the world. Accommodation and activities can be costly, but there is so much to choose from that you can make it more affordable if you want to.
Dubai boasts some of the lowest crime rates of any city in the world and is regarded as one of the safest destinations to visit.
You must visit the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Aquarium, Dubai Safari Park, Dubai Frame, and other great attractions in Dubai in December.
Some of the major events in Dubai in December are the Dubai Shopping Festival, Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai Desert Classic, The Dubai Marathon, and more.
Temperatures in Dubai in December range from 16°C to 26°C, with an average temperature of 21°C.
Visits to KidZania, Wild Wadi Water Park, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Dubai Dolphinarium, and the Burj Khalifa are some of the best things to do with kids in Dubai in December.