A Guide to Visiting Dubai in January 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai is, without a doubt, one of the world's most well-known and sought-after vacation spots. This metropolis has it all, from the world's tallest building to the world's second-largest shopping mall. It is a destination for people from across the globe seeking to spend their holidays in comfort and luxury. From magnificent vistas to opulent hotels, desert excursions to beaches, indoor-outdoor experiences to unrivaled shopping, Dubai has it all to make your holiday the best it's ever been. While the city is buzzing through the year, January is when everything comes together for a great vacation.
Is January a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
The weather in Dubai can be quite hot during the summer months, so if you're looking to avoid the heat, January is a great time to visit. However, keep in mind that this is also the peak tourist season, so be prepared for crowds and higher prices.
Why You Should Visit
- Cool and pleasant climate make January the perfect month for outdoor activities across the city.
- Least crowded month of the winter season.
- The Dubai shopping festival happens annually in January. If you're a shopaholic, there's no better time to visit Dubai.
What to Look Out For
- The stay expenses are spiked up during the first week of January so you should plan accordingly
- Rains and fog are common in Dubai during January
- The night temperature of Dubai can drop up to 12 degrees, making it quite cold
Overview of Weather in Dubai in January
More About Weather in Dubai in January
How cold is Dubai in January?
The daytime is moderately cold, with approximately 20-25 degrees. However, the nights are more challenging as the temperature may drop to 12-15 degrees.
Can you swim at beaches in Dubai in January?
In January, the sea temperature is about 25 degrees. You can swim in the water and enjoy the sun on the beach.
Does it rain in Dubai in January?
Infrequent downpours take place for a short period in Dubai in January.
Is Dubai Windy in January?
Dubai is not particularly windy in January.
Best Things to do in Dubai in January
8. La Perle Show
Live Show | Entertainment
La Perle Dubai is one of the most beautiful and well-done productions in the world. The show features a number of different disciplines, including aerial performances, aqua shows, and dance. The costumes and sets are also absolutely breathtaking, and the show is a great way to spend an evening in Dubai.
Skydiving | Adventure Activity
Sky-diving is a popular sport in Dubai and many people come to the city to experience the thrill of skydiving. There are a number of skydiving companies in Dubai that allow you to jump with an instructor. The jumps usually take place from a height of around 10,000 feet followed by an exhilarating 7-minute free fall.
11. Dubai Marina
The Dubai Marina is a great place to walk, with its wide sidewalks and lovely views of the water. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops for you ti enjoy. It can be busy on the weekends, but it's definitely worth a visit to witness the opulent neighborhood come to life after dark. .
12. Jumeirah Mosque
City Landmark | Mosque
The Jumeirah Mosque is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Dubai. It's known for its intricate architecture and design, making it a stunning sight to behold. The mosque is open to all tourists, including non-Muslims, every day except Friday, and offers free guided tours.
Events in Dubai in January
Shopping in Dubai in January
January is a great time to go shopping in Dubai. The weather is cool and pleasant, and there are plenty of outdoor malls where you can find great deals on clothes, jewelry, and other souvenirs. Be sure to visit the Gold Souk, where you can find beautiful gold jewelry at bargain prices. You'll also want to check out the spice market for unique spices and perfumes.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in January
What to Wear in Dubai in January
- Go for pants and jeans, especially for your evening strolls and dinners as the temperature falls up to 12 degrees on January nights.
- Wear light-colored clothes during the day to avoid absorbing the heat.
- Hoodies, jackets, and shrugs are a great idea for your after-dark adventures in Dubai.
What to Pack in Dubai in January
- Power Adapter: Type C, D, And G
- Pack good warmers, jackets, hoodies, shawls, and scarves to save yourself from the chilly air of Dubai in January.
- Pack trendy wear like maxi skirts and light shrugs for your afternoon visits and beaches.
- Packing a swimsuit cover would be a wise decision taking into consideration the cultural norms of Dubai.
Getting Around Dubai in January
By Metro: Dubai Metro offers the convenience of having a single transport system in place, so passengers can travel anywhere around the city. Dubai Metro uses a central metro system extended up to 150 km through the city. Metro map.
By Taxi: Taxis are one of the most cost-effective options for getting around the city. You may be hail the down on street or book one through the RTA Smart Taxi app.
By Bus: Buses in Dubai can take you to most tourist attractions and are readily available at an interval of 15-20 minutes. Bus map.
By Boat: The Water Taxi is a ferry service that runs along the city coastline, offering an opportunity to view the most spectacular landmarks in Dubai.
Where to Stay in Dubai in January
Dubai offers a variety of accommodation options that will suit any budget. From luxury hotels to budget-friendly apartments, there is something for everyone in the city.
- Budget Hotels: Radisson Blu Hotel, Carlton Downtown, Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Deira Creek
- Mid-range: Marina Crown Tower, Intercontinental Dubai Marina, Dallas Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Atlantis, The Palm, One & Only Royal Mirage, Burj Al Arab, Sofitel The Palm, Al Qasr, Kempinski, and Ritz Carlton
What to eat in Dubai in January
Dubai has a cosmopolitan cuisine with something to please everyone’s taste. Cuisine from all around the world is available, with a focus on Indian, Arabic and Iranian flavors.
- Hares: It is a mouth-watering delicacy that gives a mouthful outburst of mixed flavors from crushed wheat, ground cumin, and minced meat.
- Majboos: It is a popular Emirati dish that has been running in Dubai's culture for generations. It is prepared with meat on delicious basmati rice.
- Luqaymat: It is a sweet pastry shaped into golden balls. It is as delicious as it is beautiful.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in January
- If you love to swim and want a perfect experience, you must head for the beautiful beaches around 9 - 10 am for fewer tourists and pleasant water temperatures.
- Use the metro system to get around the city. The metro is affordable and efficient.
- Visit free attractions such as the Dubai Museum, Jumeirah Mosque, and Gold Souk.
- Shop at local markets for souvenirs instead of expensive tourist traps.
- Save on food by eating at street vendors or cheap restaurants.
- Consider drinking or doing activities outside of the city as they are much cheaper.
- Carry your sunscreen while exploring the city in the afternoon to protect your skin against the bright sun.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in January Answered
Absolutely, the month of January offers the most exquisite and delightful weather for tourists to visit the city. Moreover, it also hosts mesmerizing events like the Dubai Shopping Festival in January.
The best things to do in Dubai in January include enjoying the sunny weather, exploring the city's many attractions, and indulging in the fabulous nightlife. Visitors can also take advantage of the numerous shopping and dining opportunities available throughout the city. With so much to see and do, Dubai is the perfect destination for a winter getaway.
During January, the temperature falls up to 25 degrees in the daytime. Generally, the nights are colder as the temperature drops to 12 degrees.
In January, the city remains quite pleasant with a cold breeze and clear sky. There are no steaming hot temperature during this month.
January is perfect for swimming during the day as its not too hot.
There is moderate sunshine in the afternoons of January, which does not hinder your traveling and recreation at all.
You can rock the beaches and afternoons with maxi skirts, light tops, and shrugs. For nights, consider wearing jackets, pants, and hoodies.
It rains infrequently and for a short period in January. However, the average rainfall is 10mm for this month.
Yes! The accommodation charges increase as January is the peak tourist season.
Overall, Dubai is a safe place to visit. It has low crime rates, and justice operates strictly to protect an individual's rights. However, you should familiarize yourself with the public norms to avoid any misunderstandings.
There are several magnificent tourist attractions that you can visit during January like Burj Khalifa, Desert Safari, Dhow Cruise, Dubai Frame, Dubai Safari Park.
The Dubai marathon, which offers prize money of one million dollars to those who set the world record, and the Dubai shopping festival for shopaholics are main events in Dubai in January.
The delightful fountain show, an exciting visit to Kidzania in Dubai Mall, the alluring snow world of ski Dubai, and the aquatic life of Dubai Aquarium will surely make kids love the winter trip to Dubai.