A Guide to Visiting Dubai in June 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Home to glorious beaches, luxury shopping outlets, architectural wonders, and a stunning skyline, Dubai is a must-visit destination in the Middle East. The city has grown a lot over the years and is filled with amazing attractions and experiences for visitors to indulge in. One can visit Dubai throughout the year but if you wish to avoid the crowds, then June is a good time to plan your trip. Read on to know more about the amazing things to do in Dubai in June!
Is June a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
June is a good time to visit Dubai as you do not have to worry about the crowds and you get amazing discounts on the attractions. There are many indoor activities that you can enjoy this time to escape the heat.
Why You Should Visit
- Low airfare and accommodation prices
- Discounts of attraction and activity tickets
- Good time to visit indoor attractions in Dubai
- Empty streets and attractions for you to explore
- Fewer tourists and crowds at the attractions.
What to Look Out For
- Hot, dry, and humid weather throughout the day
- Not ideal for experiencing outdoor activities
- The days are longer and the sun sets late so the hot weather can become unbearable at times
- Too hot to relax on the beaches or go on a desert safari at this time
Overview of Weather in Dubai in June
More About Weather in Dubai in June
How hot is Dubai in June?
It is extremely hot in Dubai in June with an average temperature high of 38°C and an average temperature low of 26°C.
Can You Swim at Beaches in Dubai in June?
There are many amazing beaches where you can swim in Dubai and June is one of the best times to do that. The average temperature of the water in Dubai is 31°C so it is cool and pleasant for swimming and the perfect way to escape the Dubai heat.
Does it rain in Dubai in June?
The chances of rainfall in Dubai in June as quite low as you can enjoy a clear, sunny sky throughout the month.
Is Dubai Windy in June?
One can expect a light breeze with average wind speeds reaching 7 mph, which is not at all windy.
Best Things to do in Dubai in June
9. La Perle
Enjoy an amazing performance at this entertainment and theatre center in Dubai. La Perle offers an audience with a 270-degree view and the show here was created by Francis Dragone. Watch 65 skilled acrobats perform dangerous and mind-blowing stunts that will keep you mesmerized the entire time and away from the outdoor temperature of June.
11. Ski Dubai
Located in the Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai is a popular indoor ski resort that is a great place to explore during the day in Dubai in June. Here, you can interact with the colony of King and Gengoo penguins through the Penguin Encounter experience. You can also enjoy a range of snow activities here including skiing, bobsledding, ice caving, tubing, and more.
Events in Dubai in June
Shopping in Dubai in June
Shopping at Dubai Souks in June: One of the top shopping experiences that you cannot miss out on in Dubai is shopping in a souk. A souk is an Arab marketplace where you can get everything from textiles to precious metals. Dubai has several such souks selling gold, textile, perfumes, and more. Shopping in a souk in June would be tricky as the marketplace is crowded and quite hot during the day. The average temperature in June is 33°C so it is recommended that you go to the souk in the evening or at night.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in June
What to Wear in Dubai in June
- Since June is a summer month in Dubai, the weather will be mostly hot and humid.
- Wear summer loose-fitted clothing that will feel comfortable in the heat.
- Carry shorts, skirts, and pajamas.
- Carry a hat and a light cardigan or shrug that you can wear during the day to avoid exposing your skin to the harsh sunlight.
What to Pack in Dubai in June
- Power Adapter: Type G plug
- Clothes: Shorts, jeans, t-shirts, swimsuit, sarong, light cardigan, leggings, etc.
- Comfortable shoes
- Umbrella and sunscreen for protection against the sun
- A daypack to keep your essential items such as a water bottle, hat, sunscreen, etc. as you explore around during the day.
Getting Around Dubai in June
By Metro: The Dubai Metro offers two metro lines that connect places throughout the city. You can buy a single-use ticket or buy a Nol card for the metro. Metro map.
By Bus: With bus routes connecting every major neighborhood in the city running 24 hours a day, exploring Dubai using a bus is both convenient and cost-efficient. Bus map.
By Cab: Cabs and Taxis are available throughout Dubai city. You can hire a cab from your starting point or can even order one to your desired location.
By Bicycle: Bicycles on rental and bike-sharing options are available throughout the city. This is the best way to explore Dubai while staying fit at the same time.
Where to Stay in Dubai in June
Choose from a range of hotels for your vacation in Dubai. Dubai's got everything from budget hotels to high-end luxury hotels. Explore your options and choose the accommodation that meets your requirements.
- Budget Hotels: Orchid Hotel, Mount Sina Hotel, Grand Central Hotel Dubai, Aravi Hotel, West Hotel
- Mid Range: Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, Swissôtel Al Ghurair Dubai, ibis Styles Dubai Jumeirah, Majestic City Retreat Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Grand Hyatt Dubai, Taj Dubai, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Shangri-la Hotel Dubai,
What to eat in Dubai in June
Dubai's cuisine is a mix of Middle Eastern, Indian, Pakistani, and Filipino food. You can also help yourself to some of the best international dishes across the city.
- Machboos: This traditional rice dish is made using whole local spices, dried lemon, and is served with a side of chicken, lamb, or shrimp.
- Al Harees: Another great dish to try in Dubai is Al Harees which resembles a porridge. It is exclusively available in June.
- Camel Meat: When in Dubai, you cannot miss out on the stuffed camel meat dish which also happens to be the national Emirati dish.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in June
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself from getting dehydrated in the hot weather.
- June is a good time to visit Dubai for budget travelers. You can get flights and hotel bookings at a lower price and don’t have to contend with crowds at most of the attractions.
- Pack lots of sunscreen and loose summer clothing for your visit.
- Choose indoor attractions to visit during the day where you can enjoy the air conditioning.
- Make sure you don’t offend the locals by chewing gum, dressing inappropriately, or cussing in public.
- Be careful while traveling in Dubai as petty crimes are quite common in the city.
- Carry an umbrella as it tends to be quite sunny.
- Book your tickets for attractions such as Burj Khalifa a month in advance.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in June Answered
Yes, Dubai has a hot and dry climate in June which results in amazing discounts on flights and hotels and fewer crowds at the attractions.
The average temperature of Dubai in June ranges between a high of 38°C and a low of 26°C.
Dubai in June is hot and dry with temperatures ranging between a high of 38°C and a low of 26°C.
Yes, the water temperature is cool and pleasant in Dubai in June. So, if you wish to escape the summer heat then you should go swimming in June.
It is sunny with clear skies and the weather can be a little hot and humid in Dubai in June.
Since it is hot and sunny in Dubai in June, make sure you pack loose summer clothing and avoid exposing your skin to the sun. Carry a hat and plenty of sunscreens to protect yourself from getting heatstroke.
No, there is not a single rainy day in Dubai in June.
Dubai in June is affordable as it is the offseason. You can get flights and hotel accommodations at lower prices allowing you to plan an inexpensive vacation if you book your tickets in advance.
Dubai is generally safe for tourists but do look out for pick pocketers and scam artists in the city.
Burj Khalifa, Jumeirah Beach, Wild Wadi Waterpark, etc. are a few attractions that you can visit in Dubai in June.
Dubai Summer Surprises is the major event to look out for in Dubai in June.
The average high in Dubai is 38°C and the average low is 26°C.
Take your kids to the amazing theme parks and amusements parks in Dubai for a fun time. You can also take them to the top of Burj Khalifa to enjoy the city views or swim on the beaches of Dubai.