A Guide to Visiting Dubai in September 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai has something for everyone. From exciting amusement parks to modern architecture, this city is home to some of the world's best attractions. That's not all, it is also the best shopping hub with many amazing malls like the Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, and more. You can choose to chill on the beaches, go on a desert safari, try the Emirati dishes, and do a lot more around here. Planning a visit to Dubai in September is a good idea if you want to enjoy amazing discounts on flights, hotels, and attractions with fewer crowds around. Yes, it is still hot, but there are many indoor and evening activities to enjoy here. Planning a trip to Dubai in September? Here's everything you need to know!
Is September a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
Visiting Dubai in September is a good idea as it is the offseason so there are fewer tourists around. The heat levels are still high due to the summer months but you have lots of evening activities to enjoy.
Why You Should Visit
- Not as crowded because it is the offseason. You can enjoy great sales on your shopping spree too.
- Find discounts on flights and hotels in Dubai
- Best time to check out evening and midnight activities in the city
- Enjoy the attractions at a lower capacity compared to the peak season
What to Look Out For
- The weather is hot with the temperature reaching a high of 38°C
- Avoid outdoor attractions during the day
- Light chance of rainfall with mostly sunny and long days
- Very likely to become exhausted and dehydrated after spending a day outdoors
Overview of Weather in Dubai in September
More About Weather in Dubai in September
How hot is Dubai in September?
It is quite hot in Dubai in September with an average temperature high of 38°C and an average temperature low of 36°C.
Can You Swim at Beaches in Dubai in September?
The water temperature in Dubai in September is ideal for swimming. The average temperature of the water is 32°C so it is perfect for spending some time in the water during the day.
Does it rain in Dubai in September?
There is a very low chance of rainfall in Dubai in September.
Is Dubai Windy in September?
No, it is not windy in September. The average wind speeds reach up to 7mph in Dubai during this month.
Best Things to do in Dubai in September
7. Dubai Opera
Located in the center of Dubai, Dubai Opera is a must-visit cultural site in the city. With seating of 2,000, this performance center offers amazing performances and shows for the audience. From ballet to opera, to music shows, you can attend a variety of performances in this air-conditioned theater.
8. Ski Dubai
One of the few indoor snow-themed parks to visit in the Middle East, Ski Dubai is a popular attraction to visit in September. Indulge in many snow activities here such as skiing, zorbing, bobsledding, and more. That’s not all, visitors can also meet King and Gentoo penguins here and interact closely with them for an amazing time.
9. La Perle
La Perle is a popular performance center in Dubai where you can catch a live show by Franco Dragone. Watch 65 skilled acrobatics perform amazing stunts and showcase the history of Dubai and its culture in this permanent show. Book your seats in advance as these tickets sell like hotcakes!
11. Jumeirah Beach
One of the top places to visit in Dubai in September is Jumeirah Beach, one of the prettiest beaches in the UAE. This beach features lots of amazing hotels, shopping complexes, and resorts. You can visit this beach in the late afternoons with your entire family to play in the sand or swim in the water to escape the heat.
Events in Dubai in September
Shopping in Dubai in September
September is also a hot time to explore Dubai so avoid going to the souks during the day. These outdoor marketplaces will be heated up during the day with a temperature around 38°C, making it difficult for you to shop. If you want to look at the shops peacefully here, then visit these souks in the evening or at night.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in September
What to Wear in Dubai in September
- It is advisable to wear long, loose clothes made with cotton or linen so that you can stay cool and comfortable during the day.
- Wear a light jacket or cardigan at night as the temperature cools down a bit and inside air-conditioned, indoor attractions.
- Wear shorts, skirts, dresses, and cotton trousers paired with t-shirts and tops.
- Wear a hat during the day and carry an umbrella for protection against the sun.
What to Pack in Dubai in September
- Power Adapter: Type C, D, and G plug
- Clothes: Shorts, skirts, jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, sarong, light cardigan, leggings, etc.
- Comfortable shoes or sandals
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and an umbrella
- A small bag to keep your essentials for the day such as a water bottle, sunscreen, shades, and more.
Getting Around Dubai in September
By Metro: One of the best ways to get around Dubai is by taking the two metro lines that connect most destinations in the city. You can buy a single-use ticket or get a Nol card that can be used for all public transportation services. Metro map.
By Bus: Dubai's bus system is pretty great as well and connects all the major venues. Bus map.
By Cab: For those who are looking for a quicker and more convenient way to reach their destination, hiring a cab is an option too.
By Boat: A unique way to travel in the city is by using the abra, traditional wooden boats, or Dubai ferries. An abra ride will cost you AED 1 to cross from one side of Dubai Creek to the other.
Where to Stay in Dubai in September
Dubai offers highly versatile accommodation options for all. From humble budget stays to swanky luxury hotels, Dubai has it all!
- Budget Hotels: Coral Deira Dubai Hotel, Majestic City Retreat Hotel, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
- Mid-range: Centro Barsha Hotel, Sofitel Dubai Downtown, JW Marriott Marquis Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Park Hyatt Dubai, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, The Oberoi Dubai, Atlantis The Palm
What to eat in Dubai in September
Dubai is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. From street food to fine dining, there's something for everyone.
- Knafeh: Often called the Queen of Arabic desserts, Knafeh is another popular dish to try in Dubai.
- Shish Tawook: This dish consists of marinated grilled chicken skewers that are served with Pita bread and hummus.
- Al Machboos: Al Machboos is a traditional rice dish that is made using meat, onions, spiced, and dried lemon. This dish is generally served with a curd-based salad and is available in most restaurants in Dubai.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in September
- September is not as hot as other summer months but avoid going outdoors until your body is adjusted to the temperature.
- Shopping malls may offer lots of sales and discounts in September. Plan your trip to include shopping here.
- Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Burj Khalifa for a surreal view. Book your tickets in advance for this experience.
- Keep drinking water to stay hydrated as the weather can be hot and exhausting.
- Cover yourself up when you are visiting a mosque or religious places in Dubai.
- This is the time when you can get amazing deals and discounts on hotels and flights.
- Make sure to follow the rules of conduct in the city such as not chewing gum in public, drinking or dancing in public, and more.
- Choose evening and midnight attractions to explore in the city.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen at all times as the sun can be harsh during the day.
- Pack loose summer clothing made out of cotton or linen for wearing during the daytime and a light cardigan for the night.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in September Answered
September is a great time to visit Dubai, as the weather is cooler and more comfortable than in the summer months. There are also plenty of activities to keep you entertained, such as visiting the Burj Khalifa, going on a desert safari, or taking a dip in one of the city's many waterparks. Best Things to do in Dubai >
It is hot in Dubai with temperatures ranging between a high of 38°C and a low of 26°C.
Yes, September is the perfect time for swimming in Dubai as the water temperature is ideal at 32°C.
Yes, it is quite sunny and hot in September with almost no chance of rainfall in Dubai.
Since Dubai experiences intense heat in September with temperatures reaching a high of 38°C during the daytime, make sure you wear loose and light clothes. Wear light-colored clothes made out of cotton or linen. For indoor attractions, pack a light jacket or cardigan to keep comfortably warm.
There is little to no chance of rainfall in Dubai in September.
If you plan a visit to Dubai in September, then it is not as expensive. This is the offseason month so you can get amazing deals on flights, hotels, and the local attractions. Plan and book your trip in advance and you can enjoy an affordable Dubai vacation.
Dubai is a safe city to explore except for a few petty crimes like pickpocketing.
There are many amazing attractions to see in September such as Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai, Desert Safari, Dubai Safari Park, and more.
Desert is a Forest is a major event to attend in Dubai in September.