A Guide to Visiting Dubai in September 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai has something for everyone. From exciting amusement parks to modern architecture, this city is home to some of the world's best attractions. That's not all, it is also the best shopping hub with many amazing malls like the Mall of the Emirates, Dubai Mall, and more. You can choose to chill on the beaches, go on a desert safari, try the Emirati dishes, and do a lot more around here. Planning a visit to Dubai in September is a good idea if you want to enjoy amazing discounts on flights, hotels, and attractions with fewer crowds around. Yes, it is still hot, but there are many indoor and evening activities to enjoy here. Planning a trip to Dubai in September? Here's everything you need to know!
Is September a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
Visiting Dubai in September is a good idea as it is the offseason so there are fewer tourists around. The heat levels are still high due to the summer months but you have lots of evening activities to enjoy.
Why You Should Visit
- Not as crowded because it is the offseason. You can enjoy great sales on your shopping spree too.
- Find discounts on flights and hotels in Dubai
- Best time to check out evening and midnight activities in the city
- Enjoy the attractions at a lower capacity compared to the peak season
What to Look Out For
- The weather is hot with the temperature reaching a high of 38°C
- Avoid outdoor attractions during the day
- Light chance of rainfall with mostly sunny and long days
- Very likely to become exhausted and dehydrated after spending a day outdoors
Overview of Weather in Dubai in September
Dubai experiences intense heat in September after the summer months of June - August. The temperature is quite high with a maximum of 38°C and a low of 26°C. There are no chances of rainfall as the sky stays clear and sunny throughout the month.
- Average Temperature: High - 38°C | Low - 26°C
- Average Rainfall: Less than 1 mm
- Daily Wind Speed: 7mph. Light breeze
- Temperature of the sea: 32°C
More About Weather in Dubai in September
How hot is Dubai in September?
It is quite hot in Dubai in September with an average temperature high of 38°C and an average temperature low of 36°C.
Can You Swim at Beaches in Dubai in September?
The water temperature in Dubai in September is ideal for swimming. The average temperature of the water is 32°C so it is perfect for spending some time in the water during the day.
Does it rain in Dubai in September?
There is a very low chance of rainfall in Dubai in September.
Is Dubai Windy in September?
No, it is not windy in September. The average wind speeds reach up to 7mph in Dubai during this month.
Best Things to do in Dubai in September
1. Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is undoubtedly one of the best attractions to visit in Dubai and offers an amazing view of the city. At a height of 829.8m, this is the world’s tallest building that is home to many offices, shopping outlets, restaurants, and hotels. Visit the lofty observation decks in this building to enjoy a panoramic view of the city and its Arabian skyline.from AED 154.50
2. Desert Safari
While September means intense heat in Dubai, it doesn’t mean that you cannot enjoy a Desert Safari. Visitors can experience Evening Desert Safari where you are taken to the desert in the afternoon. Watch traditional performances while enjoying Arabic cuisine on this memorable safari. You can also immerse yourself in fun activities like camel riding and quad-biking.from AED 70
3. Dhow Cruise
One of the top things to do in summer in Dubai is to go on a Dhow Cruise. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will take you through Dubai Creek to witness the city at night. Enjoy Tanoura performances, dine on delicious cuisines, and enjoy the cool ocean breeze as you gently move through the waters. The Dhow Cruise is one of the best ways to experience Dubai's nightlife.from AED 64
4. Dubai Safari Park
For animal lovers, one of the best places to visit in Dubai in September is the Dubai Safari Park. Here, you can watch and interact with over 3,000 animals from different species. The park is segregated into five different habitats and the animals native to the habitat are kept within it. You can meet many amazing animals here such as bears, camels, lions, elephants, giraffes, and so on.from AED 50
5. Dubai Aquarium
Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is another great indoor destination to visit in Dubai. It houses over 30,000 aquatic animals and is home to the most dangerous predators in the world. The highlight of this aquarium is the experiences offered here to the visitors. You can meet penguins, play with marine animals, and can even go cage diving with sharks.from AED 135
6. Dubai Frame
Dubai Frame is unique and one of the latest attractions to visit in Dubai. It is an amazing architectural gem that offers an amazing vantage point for viewing the city. Visitors can come to this place and climb the observation deck to witness both old and new Dubai. The frame is also home to a museum that tells the story of Dubai’s past and present.from AED 50
7. Dubai Opera
Located in the center of Dubai, Dubai Opera is a must-visit cultural site in the city. With seating of 2,000, this performance center offers amazing performances and shows for the audience. From ballet to opera, to music shows, you can attend a variety of performances in this air-conditioned theater.
8. Ski Dubai
One of the few indoor snow-themed parks to visit in the Middle East, Ski Dubai is a popular attraction to visit in September. Indulge in many snow activities here such as skiing, zorbing, bobsledding, and more. That’s not all, visitors can also meet King and Gentoo penguins here and interact closely with them for an amazing time.
9. La Perle
La Perle is a popular performance center in Dubai where you can catch a live show by Franco Dragone. Watch 65 skilled acrobatics perform amazing stunts and showcase the history of Dubai and its culture in this permanent show. Book your seats in advance as these tickets sell like hotcakes!
10. Wild Wadi Waterpark
For thrill-seekers, Wild Wadi Waterpark near Burj Al Arab is one of the best attractions to visit in September. This waterpark has many exciting rides and slides that are suitable for all ages. From heart-thumping roller coasters to kids’ pool areas, you will find something to interest everyone here, making it an ideal family destination.from AED 259
11. Jumeirah Beach
One of the top places to visit in Dubai in September is Jumeirah Beach, one of the prettiest beaches in the UAE. This beach features lots of amazing hotels, shopping complexes, and resorts. You can visit this beach in the late afternoons with your entire family to play in the sand or swim in the water to escape the heat.
12. Dubai Garden Glow
A popular night attraction to visit in Dubai is Dubai Garden Glow. Located in Zabeel Park, this park features elaborate and unique flower and animal displays made using colorful lights. You will also find some live music and performances here for entertainment as you stroll around this garden after sunset.from AED 65
Events in Dubai in September
Desert is a Forest Exhibition
Date: November 15, 2021 - September 4, 2022
Venue: Jameel Arts Centre
In this garden exhibition, you will find unique plants that are eaten by both humans and goats along with plans that are used for their medicinal use. The exhibition aims to display the relationship between food, domesticity, and humans with non-humans.Know more
Shopping in Dubai in September
September is also a hot time to explore Dubai so avoid going to the souks during the day. These outdoor marketplaces will be heated up during the day with a temperature around 38°C, making it difficult for you to shop. If you want to look at the shops peacefully here, then visit these souks in the evening or at night.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in September
What to Wear in Dubai in September
- It is advisable to wear long, loose clothes made with cotton or linen so that you can stay cool and comfortable during the day.
- Wear a light jacket or cardigan at night as the temperature cools down a bit and inside air-conditioned, indoor attractions.
- Wear shorts, skirts, dresses, and cotton trousers paired with t-shirts and tops.
- Wear a hat during the day and carry an umbrella for protection against the sun.
What to Pack in Dubai in September
- Power Adapter: Type C, D, and G plug
- Clothes: Shorts, skirts, jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, sarong, light cardigan, leggings, etc.
- Comfortable shoes or sandals
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and an umbrella
- A small bag to keep your essentials for the day such as a water bottle, sunscreen, shades, and more.
Getting Around Dubai in September
By Metro: One of the best ways to get around Dubai is by taking the two metro lines that connect most destinations in the city. You can buy a single-use ticket or get a Nol card that can be used for all public transportation services. Metro map.
By Bus: Dubai's bus system is pretty great as well and connects all the major venues. Bus map.
By Cab: For those who are looking for a quicker and more convenient way to reach their destination, hiring a cab is an option too.
By Boat: A unique way to travel in the city is by using the abra, traditional wooden boats, or Dubai ferries. An abra ride will cost you AED 1 to cross from one side of Dubai Creek to the other.
Where to Stay in Dubai in September
Dubai offers highly versatile accommodation options for all. From humble budget stays to swanky luxury hotels, Dubai has it all!
- Budget Hotels: Coral Deira Dubai Hotel, Majestic City Retreat Hotel, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport
- Mid-range: Centro Barsha Hotel, Sofitel Dubai Downtown, JW Marriott Marquis Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Park Hyatt Dubai, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, The Oberoi Dubai, Atlantis The Palm
What to eat in Dubai in September
Dubai is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. From street food to fine dining, there's something for everyone.
- Knafeh: Often called the Queen of Arabic desserts, Knafeh is another popular dish to try in Dubai.
- Shish Tawook: This dish consists of marinated grilled chicken skewers that are served with Pita bread and hummus.
- Al Machboos: Al Machboos is a traditional rice dish that is made using meat, onions, spiced, and dried lemon. This dish is generally served with a curd-based salad and is available in most restaurants in Dubai.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in September
- September is not as hot as other summer months but avoid going outdoors until your body is adjusted to the temperature.
- Shopping malls may offer lots of sales and discounts in September. Plan your trip to include shopping here.
- Watch sunrise or sunset from the top of Burj Khalifa for a surreal view. Book your tickets in advance for this experience.
- Keep drinking water to stay hydrated as the weather can be hot and exhausting.
- Cover yourself up when you are visiting a mosque or religious places in Dubai.
- This is the time when you can get amazing deals and discounts on hotels and flights.
- Make sure to follow the rules of conduct in the city such as not chewing gum in public, drinking or dancing in public, and more.
- Choose evening and midnight attractions to explore in the city.
- Wear a hat and sunscreen at all times as the sun can be harsh during the day.
- Pack loose summer clothing made out of cotton or linen for wearing during the daytime and a light cardigan for the night.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in September Answered
September is a great time to visit Dubai, as the weather is cooler and more comfortable than in the summer months. There are also plenty of activities to keep you entertained, such as visiting the Burj Khalifa, going on a desert safari, or taking a dip in one of the city's many waterparks. Best Things to do in Dubai >
It is hot in Dubai with temperatures ranging between a high of 38°C and a low of 26°C.
Yes, September is the perfect time for swimming in Dubai as the water temperature is ideal at 32°C.
Yes, it is quite sunny and hot in September with almost no chance of rainfall in Dubai.
Since Dubai experiences intense heat in September with temperatures reaching a high of 38°C during the daytime, make sure you wear loose and light clothes. Wear light-colored clothes made out of cotton or linen. For indoor attractions, pack a light jacket or cardigan to keep comfortably warm.
There is little to no chance of rainfall in Dubai in September.
If you plan a visit to Dubai in September, then it is not as expensive. This is the offseason month so you can get amazing deals on flights, hotels, and the local attractions. Plan and book your trip in advance and you can enjoy an affordable Dubai vacation.
Dubai is a safe city to explore except for a few petty crimes like pickpocketing.
There are many amazing attractions to see in September such as Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai, Desert Safari, Dubai Safari Park, and more.
Desert is a Forest is a major event to attend in Dubai in September.