Plan Your Visit to the Museum of the Future | Timings, Getting There & More
A visit to the museum generally helps you time travel and visit the reflections of the bygone era. However, Dubai’s Museum Of The Future or MOTF, which saw its grand opening recently on 22 February 2022, is changing the conventional concept of the museum. The museum is an exhibition space to showcase futuristic innovations and ideas as you’ll be taken to the year 2071, which is 50 years from now. So, if you are planning a visit to the museum, here’s all the information you need to know.
Museum Of The Future | Visitor Information At A Glance
What Are The Museum Of The Future Opening Hours?
Opening Hours: Daily 10 AM to 6 PM
Last Entry: One hour before closing time.
Duration Of Visit: People who visit the place mostly spend two to three hours at the museum.
What Is The Best Time to Visit The Museum Of The Future?
Weekday mornings are the best time to visit the Museum of the Future. This is because mornings are the time when the crowd will be comparatively less. Weekends are usually one of the most active times as most people have offs on Saturday and Sunday.
December, January, and February are the peak months where crowds from all over the world visit Dubai. Hence, the best time to visit Dubai will be the mid of November, early December, or March first half. July and August are the hottest months in Dubai, making it uncomfortable for exploring the city.
Where Is the Museum Of The Future Located?
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre, Trade Centre 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Museum Of the Future or MOTF stands on a green hill near the Emirates Tower metro station and the main highway of the city. There are metro services and bus services to the location or you can come by car, bike, electric scooter, or even by foot.
Closest landmark: Emirates Towers (500 m away; 6 min walk)
Getting to The Museum Of The Future
Closest Station: Emirates Tower station
If you are coming by metro you have to take the red line and get down at Emirates Tower station, which is only 450 m far from the location. Besides, you can directly reach the destination from the station as there is a link bridge that connects the station and museum.
Closest Stop: Novotel Hotel
You can also use the Dubai Bus service to reach the museum. If you are coming by bus, use the 27, 29, X22 line services. The nearest stop is the Novotel Hotel bus stop, which is just 1.1 km away from the location.
Recommended Route: E 11 route
You can also reach the location by car. The nearest airport is Dubai International airport which is around 15.5 km away from the museum. It’ll take you 12 minutes to reach the museum from the airport.
Book Your Tickets to The Museum Of The Future
Know Before You Go To The Museum Of The Future
- The visitors who plan to visit the Museum Of The Future are expected to follow the COVID-19 safety guidelines. The museum follows all the updated guidelines set by the local as well as the national guideline to ensure all the visitors are safe.
- The visitors must follow social distancing rules.
- According to the latest update, RT PCR test is not mandatory. However, you are supposed to wear masks.
- Following social distancing rules are mandatory within the museum premises.
- It is suggested to book tickets online as it helps ensure the social distancing rules are followed.
While the whole museum is a sight to your sore eyes, the programs and talks that are being conducted in the museum can help you shape your future as well! Often the world-renowned scientists, innovators, and other famous people who are best in their field conduct talks and seminars about their thoughts and visions about the future. Some of the talks that were conducted in the past were about mixed reality, the possibility of human-robot interaction, future of the cities, among others.
You can reach the museum by Bus, Metro, or Car. If you are coming in your own vehicle limited parking facilities are available at the premises or you can also opt for valet parking. You can also park your cars at private garages nearby. Some of the parking garages which are close to the museum are:
- Lecture hall: The museum has a lecture hall that can accommodate more than 345 people.
- Multipurpose hall: The multipurpose hall of the museum can house 1000 people at a time.
- Laboratories: The museum focuses on future innovations. Hence a lot of laboratories are there in the museum to carry out the experiences.
- Prayer rooms: Museum of the Future has separate prayer rooms for men and women.
- Shops: Museum of the Future has shops from where you can buy products that remind you how the future will be.
- Wheelchairs: The attraction is wheelchair accessible. They also offer wheelchairs and if you require one, you can connect with the staff there.
- Wi-fi: The museum is wi-fi enabled.
- Museum Collection: Calligraphy items, Gradient items, Building Pictures, Dubai Collection, etc.
- OSS Hope Collection: OSS Hope Series, Monument to the Pioneers, Kid's items, Explore Space Items, etc.
- Heal Institute Collection: Library items, Lab items, Observatory items, etc.
- Al Waha Collection: Al Waha Collection items, Relaxation items, etc.
- Future Heroes Collection: Future Heroes Collection Items, Children's Collection items, etc.
- Visitors are requested to follow the rules and Covid guidelines during their visit.
- Visitors are requested to follow a Covid appropriate behavior.
- The guests are supposed to dress appropriately in a manner that respects the culture of the UAE.
- You can bring your own food and drinks and have them from the lobby or garden.
- Flash photography is not allowed. Visitors are allowed to click pictures without flash.
- Wakame Dubai: This restaurant which is 5 km far from the location has one of the best Asian cuisine menus.
- Timing Out Market Dubai: - Located 4 km away from the attraction, this is a food court that serves a variety of options such as vegan food, pizzas, wine, and more.
- The Rib Room Restaurant: One of the nearest restaurants from the museum, which is just 1 km away, the Rib Room restaurant menu has a variety of European dishes to choose from.
- Crowne Plaza Dubai Apartments: Located 4 km away from the attraction, this hotel is one of the posh hotels around the museum.
- ibis World Trade Centre Dubai: This is a top stay option that is just 2 km away from MOTF. They also offer free shuttles to famous attractions nearby.
- Courtyard by Marriott: Another top stay option which is only 5 km away from the museum location. Most of the top attractions of Dubai are easy to access from this hotel.
- You can book the ticket onsite from the kiosks or purchase them online. Booking online is the best option as the tickets won’t be available sometime if you opt for purchasing it from the location.
- The self car parking option is free for museum ticket holders.
- Photography and videography without flash are allowed inside the museum.
- MOTF has electric vehicle charging stations along with parking bays for the same.
- There are no sign language interpreters in the museum. But all the audio guides have subtitles.
- All restrooms in the attraction are accessible to people with special needs as well.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Museum of the Future
A. Yes, Museum of the Future has opened for visitors from 22 February 2022. You can now book Museum Of The Future tickets online for your preferred date and time slot and plan your visit accordingly.
A. Yes, The Museum Of The Future is open daily from 10 am to 6 pm. Book your Museum Of The Future tickets online and plan your visit accordingly.
A. Unlike other museums which showcase a collection of artifacts from the past, the Museum Of The Future takes you to a future world.
A. The Museum Of The Future is located at Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, near the main highway and Emirates Tower metro lane.
A. You can either book the tickets online or purchase them from the site. However, since it is a popular attraction and tickets tend to get sold out, to avoid the possibility of not getting the tickets, we recommend you book them online ahead of time.
A. There are multiple Museum Of The Future ticket options available starting from AED 145. Different Museum Of The Future tickets come with different features and facilities. Please make sure to read your ticket details carefully before purchasing.
A. The best time to visit the Museum Of The Future is during the weekday mornings as it will be less crowded at that time.
A. The Museum Of The Future is open for visitors from morning 10 am to 6 pm in the evening.
A. Yes, Museum Of The Future tickets can be booked in a group. Please make sure to read your ticket details carefully before purchasing.
A. Yes, the Museum Of The Future is suitable for kids. It even has an exhibition and experience where a whole floor is dedicated to the kids.
A. At the Museum Of The Future, visitors can wear anything that is appropriate and respectful to the culture of the UAE.
A. Photography without flash is allowed at the Museum Of The Future.
A. It usually takes 2 to 3 hours to complete visiting the Museum Of The Future.