A Guide to Visiting Dubai in April 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai is a fascinating seaside metropolis rich in culture, opulence, and history, unlike any other experience. Dubai has the most magnificent buildings, malls, nightlife, and an atmosphere overflowing with fervent energy and excitement. Every month in Dubai is different in its own right, and we’re here to shine a light on some of the finest things to do in Dubai in April.
Is April a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
If you're thinking of going to the Middle East, April is a wonderful month to visit. The weather isn't especially harsh or hot. And since it's in the tropics, the city has a tropical climate. As a result, the days in April are warm without being uncomfortably hot or cold at any time. Dubai sees fewer tourists during April and it’s as good a month as any for you to explore the great outdoors.
Why You Should Visit
- Perfect weather for outdoor activities
- Ideal water temperature for swimming and vacant beaches
- Fewer crowds at most attractions
- Cheap hotel rates and shopping discounts through the city
What to Look Out For
- Sometimes it rains for three days in a row and other times, only one day at a time. It's a good idea to bring an umbrella with you.
- April is prone to sandstorms.
- It is advisable to drink water regularly when you are in Dubai to prevent dehydration
Overview of Weather in Dubai in April
More About Weather in Dubai in April
How hot is Dubai in April?
The average temperature in April is about 33°C. As April is when summer starts setting in, Dubai is warm and humid but not too hot.
Can you swim at beaches in Dubai in April?
Yes, you can swim at beaches in Dubai in April. The water temperature is usually around 24°C, which is perfect for a swim.
Does it rain in Dubai in April?
There is an average of 10 mm of rain spread over two days in April.
Is Dubai windy in April?
April is slightly windier than the other months with winds at 8.5 miles per hour.
Best Things to do in Dubai in April
6. Ski Dubai
Adventure | Skiing
The optimal time to ski in Dubai is from mid-April to mid-May. Summer skiing in Dubai is an excellent choice as the weather is typically hot and humid outside, and cold indoors comes like a blessing. Ski Dubai offers a plethora of skiing and snow activities for you. Get involved in the snow sports for an adrenaline rush, or spend some leisure time interacting with endearing little penguins.
Adventure | Skydiving
Skydiving is the ultimate way to soak in the beauty of Dubai while enjoying the most thrilling adventure that Dubai is famous for. The bird’s eye view of Dubai's Desert, Mountains, and Sky is something you do not want to miss! Moreover, April’s pleasant weather makes it just the perfect experience for you.
9. Day Trip to Abu Dhabi
Nearby | Day Trip
A day trip from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is a great way to explore two of the most iconic cities in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, is home to beautiful mosques, delicious restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. Dubai is known for its luxurious hotels and shopping malls, and its beautifully impressive skyline.
10. Walk on the Marina Bay
City Walk | Tourist Hotspot
Marina Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Dubai. It's a beautiful waterfront promenade that stretches for over two kilometers. Marina Bay is a great place to take a walk, enjoy the views, and have a picnic. There are also many restaurants and cafes located along the promenade where you can dine to the sound of lapping water.
12. Visit Dubai Mall
Mall | Shopping | Tourist Hotspot
There are a number of reasons to visit the Dubai Mall. It is the world's largest shopping mall, with over 1,200 stores and 160 restaurants. It also has an ice rink, a movie theater, and a theme park. What's more? The Dubai Fountain, one of the world's largest dancing fountains, is right outside this sprawling mall.
Events in Dubai in April
Whitney: The Ultimate Tribute to a Legend
Venue: Theatre by OE2
Date: 1 - 2 April 2022
Whitney Houston was an American singer, actress, and producer. She was one of the best-selling music artists of all time, selling over 200 million records worldwide. She was also the most awarded female artist of all time, with 203 awards. Witness the best of Marcia Lynette's abilities as she pays tribute to the legendary singer with three exhilarating concerts at the Theatre by QE2.
Shopping in Dubai in April
Dubai is also home to several outdoor souks. These are great places to find traditional souvenirs and handicrafts. The souks are open late into the night, so it's a great place to shop after dinner. April is the best time to go shopping at the outdoor souks, as the weather is cooler and there are fewer crowds. Be sure to bargain when shopping at the souks to save a lot of money this way!
Know Before You Visit Dubai in April
What to Wear in Dubai in April
- While temperatures in April can reach as high as 32 degrees Celsius, the evenings can be quite cool so it is important to pack light clothing that can be layered.
- During the day, shorts and skirts paired with tank tops or T-shirts are ideal, while lightweight pants and long-sleeved shirts should be worn at night.
- It is also important to bring comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking to be done.
- Sunscreen and a hat are also essential items to pack for Dubai in April.
What to Pack in Dubai in April
- Power Adapter: A type G plug
- Power bank to make sure your phone can be charged even when you're outdoors.
- Clothes: Trousers, Cardigans, Scarves, Long frocks, Jackets. You might have to wear layers during the night in April.
- Since April can experience light showers, do pack an umbrella with you.
- Walking sandals, pretty heels, and comfortable shoes.
Getting Around Dubai in April
- Buses: Dubai's comprehensive bus system connects all of the city's major tourist destinations and landmarks. Buses depart every 15-20 minutes at a starting fare of AED 2. Major bus stations.
- Metro: The Metro is one of the most convenient ways to get around Dubai. The metro network consists of two lines; Red and Green, both of which originate at Dubai Airport and terminate at Ibn Battuta Mall. Metro timetables.
- Taxi: Taxis are indeed a cheap mode of transportation in Dubai. You'll always find an extensive line outside retail malls and other popular attractions. The fare rises at AED 1.60 per kilometer and starts at a minimum of AED 3.
Where to Stay in Dubai in April
A vibrant city like Dubai offers places to stay in different ranges. If you're out for a luxury vacation or are traveling on a budget, here are some of the best places for you to stay.
- Budget Hotels: Orchid Vue Hotel, Coral Dubai Deira Hotel, Villa Rotana
- Mid Range Hotels: Orient Guest House, Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, Novotel, XVA
- Luxury hotels: Ritz Carlton Dubai, Nikki Beach Resort & Spa, Sheraton Dubai Creek, One & Only The Palm
What to eat in Dubai in April
Dubai is well-known for its luxurious hotels and resorts, but it's also home to some of the best food in the world. Whether you're looking for international cuisine or traditional Emirati food, Dubai has something to offer everyone.
- Manousheh: This local pizza in Dubai is a must. Made up of fresh dough, it has exotic toppings like zaatar herbs, olive oil, and cheese.
- Chelo Kebab: Head out to try Chelo kebab. It is one of the most mouth-watering Arabian dishes and is exceptionally delicious.
- Mandi: This may look like ordinary meat and rice, but the spices will impress your tastebuds.
- Kellaj: The Kellaj is a traditional Emirati dish that is made of mashed chickpeas. This cheesy delight is a must-try for all.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in April
- Since Dubai is a Muslim city, it is recommended that you dress conservatively in public.
- Temperatures in Dubai during April average around 25 degrees Celsius so it's best to pack light clothing that is comfortable to wear in warm weather.
- Dubai is a huge city and getting around can be difficult, especially if you don't know the language. Make sure to download a map of the city before you go or get a SIM card with data so you can use Google Maps.
- Taxis are relatively cheap in Dubai but be careful which one you choose. Always ask to see the meter before getting in so there are no surprises when you arrive at your destination
- Try to schedule your visit during the morning or evening hours, when the temperatures are a bit cooler.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Wear light and loose-fitting clothes.
- Avoid visiting during the month of Ramadan, as many businesses and attractions might be closed during this time.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in April Answered
The weather in April is perfect for spending time outdoors, and there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Some of the best things to do in Dubai in April include visiting the Dubai Zoo, going on a desert safari, or taking a dip in one of the city's many pools. Whatever you decide to do, you're sure to have a great time in Dubai in April.
April is an ideal time to swin in Dubai as long as you visit the beaches before noon.
During April, there are an average of 7 hours of sunshine each day. This is considered quite sunny.
During the day, shorts, t-shirts, and a pair of sandals should be enough for those visiting Dubai in April. You might need to layer-up at night as it can get chilly.
Dubai is a desert city and it does not rain often. The average rainfall in Dubai in April is about 2.5 inches.
Dubai can get quite expensive if you do not plan your expenses in advance. Budgeting your trip is vital to avoid overspending in this opulent city.
Dubai is majorly safe. It's an excellent place to visit if you're looking for a friendly, safe, and welcoming city.
You can see a range of world-famous attractions like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Frame, and the Dubai Aquarium. You can also experience the captivating desert safari and sail down the Dubai creek on your Dhow Cruise.
You can visit the Whitney Houston tribute concert from 1 - 2, April, 2022.
The average temperature in Dubai in April is about 33 degrees Celsius.
There are a lot of great things to do with kids in Dubai in April. Some of the best activities include visiting the Dubai Aquarium, going to the beach, and going on a safari. Kids will also love going to the Dubai Mall, where they can ride the escalators and play in the children's area.