A Guide to Visiting Dubai in March 2022 | Attractions, Malls & More
Talk about extravagant lifestyle, luxurious cars, golden sand beaches, skyscraping buildings, and in no time you will be transcended to the land of dreams – Dubai. The natural beauty of this palm tree-lined land along with the exemplary architecture are a few of the many reasons that the country experiences a rush of tourists from across the globe. The city is brimming with lively people throughout the year and March is no different. With the onset of spring, the pleasant weather of Dubai in March makes it a must-visit. Here’s everything you need to know before you book your tickets for an Arabian odyssey.
Is March a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
Dubai is typically warm and dry yet March is much better off with bearable temperatures. So visiting Dubai in March is simply amazing as the weather is largely pleasant.
Why You Should Visit
- March is exciting if you are willing to notch every spot of Dubai in March
- You can experience all the activities in Dubai weather in March
- Enjoy unusual spring nature
- Incredibly diversity throughout the month
- Metro and taxis are quite affordable modes of transport.
What to Look Out For
- Chilly weather in the evenings can disappoint you. If you are someone who doesn’t like the cold, you should think twice before visiting Dubai in March.
- Dubai is an expensive city so look out for some budget-friendly places.
- The weather may turn humid, so prepare yourself for the same.
Overview of Weather in Dubai in March
Since March is the time when winters have almost receded and summers are yet to come blazing in, the city experiences pleasantly cool weather during the time.
Average temperature: High- 29°C; Low- 18°C
Average Rainfall: 10mm (0.39")
Daily Wind Speed: Hourly wind speed is 9.2 miles.
Temperature of the sea: 74°F on average (min- 71°F; max- 78°F)Best Time to Visit Dubai
More About Weather in Dubai in March
How hot is Dubai in March?
Dubai is definitely hot in March, with temperatures regularly reaching into the high 30s Celsius (around 100 Fahrenheit). However, it's still possible to find some respite from the heat, whether by heading to the beach or exploring one of Dubai's many malls and attractions.
Can you swim at beaches in Dubai in March?
Yes, you can swim on beaches in Dubai in March. The water temperature is still relatively warm, so it's a great time to take a dip. Just be sure to avoid swimming during peak hours, as the sun can be quite intense.
Does it rain in Dubai in March?
March is generally a very dry month in Dubai, so you're not likely to see too much rain. However, there can be some occasional showers, so it's always best to pack an umbrella just in case.
Is Dubai windy in March?
Dubai is usually quite windy in March, so be prepared for some gusts while you're out and about. The good news is that the wind can help to keep you cool, so it's not all bad!
Best Things to do in Dubai in March
1. Burj Khalifa
City Landmark | World's Tallest Building
When you hear the word ‘Dubai’, the image of the Burj Khalifa is probably the first thing on your mind. It’s the tallest structure that took six years of precision engineering to construct. As March is known for its low humidity, you can get an all-encompassing view of the whole city from the Skydeck at Burj Khalifa.
from AED 154.50
2. Desert Safari
Adventure Activities | Traditional Activity
Afternoons are pleasant; nights are not so chilly, so feel the windy air of March while you explore the beautiful desert. Experience the magic of the sun setting on the golden sands and capture the experience to remember for years to come. With the least possibility of sand storms, going on a Desert Safari is the perfect choice in March.
3. Dhow Cruise
Sightseeing | Dinner Cruise
Take a break from the city and enjoy a relaxing cruise on Dubai Creek. This hour-long ride allows you to explore the beauty of Dubai amidst the serene waters. Sway to the music and indulge in a gala dinner if you opt for an evening cruise. With low humidity and cool weather, March is the perfect time to experience the magic of Arabian waters.from AED 64
4. Dubai Safari Park
Zoo | Learning Experience
Love watching animals? Then well, this place will make a place in your heart forever. This is one of the most exotic experiences you can have in Dubai. Some of the highlights of the park include a lion safari, a petting zoo, and a butterfly garden. The park also has several restaurants and cafes, as well as a gift shop.from AED 50
5. Dubai Aquarium
Aquarium | Learning Experience
The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater zoo is a must-see for anyone visiting Dubai. It is the largest aquarium in the world, with over 33,000 sea creatures from more than 250 species. It is an abode to sharks and other lively marine animals that are an absolute treat to both children and adults. The aquarium additionally boasts of the biggest assortment of Sand Tiger sharks on the planet.from AED 135
6. Ski Dubai
Adventure | Skiing
Relive the chills of the winters and enjoy the thrills of skiing as you step inside the world’s third-largest ski resort – Ski Dubai. Engage in guided skiing and snowboarding activities if you’re an adventure enthusiast at heart. There is also a Snow Park with tobogganing, giant snowballs, and ice sculptures to keep your little ones entertained.
7. Dubai Frame
The Dubai Frame is another manmade wonder that is loved by all tourists. You can visit Dubai Frame any time of day. Mornings are perfect for photos and witnessing both old and new Dubai. We’d recommend visiting the frame in the evenings to experience the beautiful sunsets and watch the city lights illuminate the sky.from AED 50
Adventure | Skydiving
Whether you are afraid of heights or not, sky diving in Dubai can be the most invigorating experience for you. Jump off from the helicopter as high as you can and feel the thrill of plummeting through the air. Catch yourself spell-bound as you witness the land of wonders while gliding your way down. Don’t miss out on the experience in March when the humidity doesn’t hold you back.
9. Hatta Wadi Hub
Nearby | Day Trip
Tired of the concrete jungle? Rediscover your love for the mountains as you plan a trip to Hatta Wadi, 100 km from Dubai. Set amidst rocky terrain and overlooking the pristine Hatte Lake, Hatta Wadi Hub is the perfect spot to experience thrill and adventure. Engage in the plethora of activities including zorbing, biking, hiking, and experience an adrenaline rush like never before.Know more
10. Dubai Garden Glow
Garden | Tourist Hotspot
Another recreational site with unlimited fun and entertainment is the Garden Glow. This park, located in Zabeel Park, is decked up with attractions that bring together art, history, and magic. From in-house ice park to interactive workshop, the theme park is sure to surprise you at every step.from AED 55
11. Atlantis Waterpark
This world’s largest park with 79 rides across three towers, 26 marine and watersport encounters, private seashores, cool waterslides, and a kids' play region is nothing but a pure delight for people of all ages. From enjoying in a tube hurtling down a slide to exciting rollercoasters, it’s a perfect place to visit with family and friends in March.
12. Miracle Garden
Themed Garden | Tourist Hotspot
The Miracle Garden is a botanical garden located in Dubai. The garden features more than 45 million flowers in an area of 72,000 square meters. The Miracle Garden is the largest flower garden in the world. You can walk around and look at all the different flowers, or take a break in the shade. There are also play areas for kids, as well as food options. It's a great place to spend an afternoon with your family.from AED 55
Events in Dubai in March
Date: 11 - 13 March
The event will be held from 11th March to 13th March 2022. This three-day event will show fine arts from across the district and the globe, with a specific spotlight on Africa, Latin America, and Southeast and Central Asia. The fine collection of artistic works will leave you in sheer wonder and awe of their artistic excellence.Know more
Shopping in Dubai in March
There are no second thoughts about how Dubai and shopping go hand in hand. While Dubai houses a few of the most extravagant malls across the globe, Dubai also possesses a network of traditional markets called the Souks. Souks are breathing examples of Dubai’s rich cultural heritage. Dubai souks have everything to offer you from fervent fragrances, authentic spices to pure gold. While street shopping can be a little too tiring in the months with extreme weather, the pleasant weather of March allows you to experience the raw culture of Dubai without giving you a burn-out.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in March
What to Wear in Dubai in March
- Since the weather conditions are moderate, opting for linen clothes will be a great idea.
- Women can go for shorts and skirts while keeping in mind that they are not too short or revealing.
- The nights can be comparatively cooler so carry a jacket or shrug along.
- The pleasant weather of March is also perfect for sundresses, t-shirts, or jeans as well.
What to Pack in Dubai in March
- Power Adapter: A type G plug
- Always carry a water bottle with you at all times.
- Days in March are sunny enough so do not forget to carry sunscreen, caps, and sunglasses.
- Ensure you pack sufficient loose-fitted clothes suited for the weather.
Getting Around Dubai in March
- By Metro- This is one of the most popular means of public transport in Dubai. The extensive network of three metro lines is as comfortable as it is affordable.
- By Bus- Dubai has a well-established network of buses. You can easily get buses every 15-20 minutes. The bus network in Dubai is controlled by the Roads and Transport Authority. The bus facilities connect all the prominent spots of the city thus making commutation easy and affordable. Fares are as low as AED 2.
- By Car- You can opt for driving around Dubai if that’s the experience you want to take back home. Vehicles are driven on the right half of the street and you want to have a Visa and global driver's permit assuming you wish to rent a vehicle in Dubai. Beware of the traffic as well.
Where to Stay in Dubai in March
The range of places to stay in a vibrant city like Dubai is considerably vast. Here are some of the greatest locations to stay if you're looking for a luxurious and unforgettable holiday.
- Budget Hotels: Orchid Vue Hotel, Coral Dubai Deira Hotel, Villa Rotana
- Mid Range Hotels: Orient Guest House, Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa, Novotel, XVA
- Luxury hotels: Ritz Carlton Dubai, Nikki Beach Resort & Spa, Sheraton Dubai Creek, One & Only The Palm
What to eat in Dubai in March
Dubai is well-known for its posh hotels and resorts, but it also has some of the world's best cuisine. Dubai offers something to appeal to everyone's taste buds, whether you're looking for a lavish meal or something more modest.
- Oozie – If you want to taste some traditional Arabic cuisine, then order an oozie. This dish is a wrap filled with either lamb or chicken and is cooked with spices, making it an unforgettable meal.
- Falafel- If you're looking for a vegetarian dish, falafel is a great option. This dish is made with chickpeas and is flavorful and filling.
- Shawarma- Shawarma is a popular sandwich that can be found all over Dubai. The meat is cooked on a spit and is then served in pita bread with vegetables and sauce.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Dubai in March
- Buy yourself a Nol Card to easily commute around Dubai.
- Make sure to book your hotel well in advance, as prices tend to spike during peak season.
- Dubai is a huge city, so make sure to plan your route ahead of time and download a map onto your phone.
- Download the Dubai Metro app so you can navigate the city's extensive metro system.
- Taxi fares in Dubai can be expensive, so try and use the metro or taxi sharing apps whenever possible.
- Be aware that many shops and restaurants close fairly early in Dubai, especially during the winter months.
- Give yourself at least three days to fully enjoy all the unique attractions in Dubai.
All Your Questions About Visiting Dubai in March Answered
Some of the best things to do in Dubai in March include enjoying the warm weather, going to the beach, and exploring the city's many attractions. Other popular activities include shopping and dining in the many malls and restaurants, as well as taking part in sports and outdoor activities. Whether you're looking for a relaxing holiday or an action-packed adventure, Dubai is the perfect destination in March.
Dubai is neither too cold nor too hot in the month of March. While the days are warm with temperatures up to 30C, they are much cooler when compared to peak summers.
With an average water temperature of 74F, March allows you the most pleasant conditions to swim and enjoy other water sports.
The days in March lack cloud cover and are extremely sunny. You’ll witness an average of 12 hours of daylight and no less than eight hours of sunshine every day.
Being a sunny month, in March people can wear light and loose-fit clothes like tops and T-shirts with pants or a skirt.
March is not a particularly rainy month in Dubai. Only an average rainfall of 27 mm falls for hardly four days in a month.
Dubai isn’t an expensive experience if you plan your visit strategically. March is a good month to visit Dubai as most hotels offers discounts on accommodation.
General safety in Dubai is extremely high for both residents and travelers. However, petty crimes like theft and pick-pocketing is common in the city.
Visiting Dubai in March with its dazzling city lights and views of the Dubai skyline is a treat to the eyes. From Burj Khalifa to Dhow Cruise, you have a plethora of options to explore while visiting Dubai.
Dubai hosts a great line-up of events in the month of March including the Yohani festival, Taste of Dubai, International boat festival, and Art Dubai.
The average temperature of Dubai in March is 28°C.