A Guide to Visiting Dubai in October | Attractions, Malls & More
Dubai is one of the most dazzling and must-see destinations in the world. From its iconic skyline to its endless array of luxury hotels and resorts, this city has something for everyone. Dubai is also a shopper's paradise, with chic boutiques and world-class malls catering to every budget. Add to that a fascinating culture and heritage, exciting nightlife, and superb dining options, and it's easy to see why Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet. If you are planning a visit to Dubai in October, here's everything you need to know!
Is October a Good Time to Visit Dubai?
October is the transitional period before the peak season starts in Dubai. As a result, the weather is relatively pleasant with fewer tourists and lower rates for flights, hotels, and activities.
Why You Should Visit
- Good time to enjoy both indoor and outdoor attractions
- Cool and pleasant weather compared to summer months
- Fewer tourists as it is the traditional month
- Lower rates on flights, hotel accommodations, and attractions
What to Look Out For
- Days can still be hot with temperatures reaching a high of 35°C
- Days are 10 hours long with no rainfall, making it hot and difficult to explore the city
- Chances of dehydration if you don't drink sufficient water
- Few events and concerts during this month
Overview of Weather in Dubai in October
Best Things to do in Dubai in October
8. Global Village
Themepark | Tourist Hotspot
One of the best places to visit with family, Global Village is located right outside Dubai and features a lot of attractions and activities. Witness the reconstruction of several world-famous monuments such as the Taj Mahal, Colosseum, etc. along with numerous pavilions, each dedicated to a country. From food to clothes to souvenirs, you can find everything in this theme park.
10. Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts is home to several theme parks and amusements parks including Motiongate, Bollywood Parks, Legoland, Riverland Dubai, and more. Spend a day enjoying the rides and attractions at these exciting parks with your family.
11. Xline Dubai
Adventure Activity | Zipline
If you're an adrenaline junkie, you must try your hand at ziplining the magnificent Dubai Marina with Xline Dubai. You begin from a height of 170m and cross the Marina to reach Dubai Marina Mall while enjoying the gorgeous city skyline.
12. Jumeirah Mosque
City Landmark | Mosque
Another top attraction to visit in Dubai is Jumeirah Mosque, the only mosque open to non-Muslims in the city. Take a guided tour to learn about its history and significance in Emirati culture. You will also learn about the 5 pillars of Islam inside this mosque.
Know Before You Visit Dubai in October
What to Wear in Dubai in October
- October is the autumn season in Dubai so, the weather is relatively cooler and pleasant with less humidity.
- It will be still hot during the day which would be ideal for wearing comfortable cotton shorts, dresses, or jeans.
- Wear light-colored clothes during the day so that you don’t end up absorbing the heat.
- In the evening, the temperature significantly drops down so wear a jacket or a cardigan when you are exploring the city.
What to Pack in Dubai in October
- Power Adapter: Type C, D, and G plug
- Clothes: Shorts, skirts, jeans, t-shirts, swimsuits, cardigan or light jacket, etc.
- Comfortable sandals or shoes
- Umbrella, hat, scarf, and sunscreen
- Pack a small bag to carry around your essentials when exploring the city. This includes your wallet, IDs, water bottle, scarf, and so on.
Getting Around Dubai in October
By Metro: If you are looking for a quick and affordable way to reach your destination, then you can check out Dubai metro. Metro map.
By Bus: The bus tickets are quite cheap and you get one bus every 30 minutes going in your desired direction. Bus map.
By Cab: Since Dubai is a modern city, you also have the facility of hiring a cab to reach your destination. You will find cabs at most venues or can even order a cab by downloading a local taxi app.
By Boat: Another great way to explore around the city, especially Dubai Creek, is by using boats. There are ferries and abras (traditional wooden boats) available to help you cross the creek.
Where to Stay in Dubai in October
A modern metropolitan city like Dubai comes with various options for accommodations. Explore our list and opt for the hotel that suits you!
- Budget Hotels: ibis Styles Dubai Jumeirah, City Avenue Hotel, Majestic City Retreat Hotel
- Mid-range: Marina Crown Tower, Intercontinental Dubai Marina, Dallas Hotel
- Luxury Hotels: Atlantis The Palm, Grand Hyatt Dubai, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
What to eat in Dubai in October
The selection of cuisine is truly diverse in Dubai. From flavor-packed fan-favorites to delicious dishes from around the world, Dubai has it all and more!
- Al Machboos : Al Machboos is a traditional rice-based dish that is made with onions, meat, and of course rice.
- Knafeh: Knafe, the Queen of Arabic Desserts, is an amazing cheese-based pastry that has a slightly sweet-salty taste.
- Shish Tawook: One of the most popular dishes that you will find in Dubai is Shish Tawook. It is marinated and grilled meat on a skewer that is served with hummus and pita.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Dubai in October
October is a good time to visit Dubai as it marks the end of the summer season so the temperature is relatively cooler. Also, there are still fewer tourists around and you can get amazing deals on your flights and hotels.
Some of the best things to do in Dubai in October include visiting the city's various outdoor attractions, going on a desert safari, or taking a dip in one of the city's many pools. The weather is also cooler in October, making it a great time to visit Dubai.
The average temperature of Dubai in October ranges between a high of 35°C and a low of 23°C.
It is hot in Dubai during the day with temperatures ranging between a high of 35°C and a low of 23°C.
Yes, this is the perfect month to go swimming in Dubai. The water temperature is 30°C, making it perfect for a swim in October.
Yes, the city experiences clear and sunny skies for the entire month with 10 hours of sunshine daily and almost no chance of rainfall.
October is a comparatively cooler month to visit Dubai one of the hottest months to visit Dubai with temperatures reaching a high of 40°C during the daytime. This is why it is important to pack loose summer clothes, preferably made out of cotton. In the evening, you might need a light cardigan or shawl. Do wear a hat and sunscreen if you are exploring outdoors during the day.
No, there is very little chance of rainfall in Dubai in October.
Dubai is inexpensive if you are planning a visit in October as it is a transition month. It is the beginning of peak season in the city so, you will be able to find cheap flights and hotel accommodations if you book in advance.
Dubai is a safe city to explore except for a few petty crimes like pickpocketing.
There are many amazing attractions to see in October such as Burj Khalifa, Ski Dubai, Desert Safari, Dubai Safari Park, and more.
In October, you can attend Dubai Muscle Show and Motexha Textile Show in Dubai.
You can go on a desert safari, try ziplining, explore amusement and theme parks, and so on with kids in Dubai in October.