Everything You Need to Know Before You Visit the Iconic Burj Khalifa in Dubai
Burj Khalifa is the crowning jewel of the Dubai skyline. At 829.8 meters, it is the tallest skyscraper in the world. Opened in 2010, the Burj Khalifa has become one of the most easily recognizable structures in the world. Visitors can reach floors 124 and 125 and access the highest accessible vantage point in Dubai. Read on to plan your Burj Khalifa visit.
Burj Khalifa Opening Hours
Burj Khalifa is open year-round. Timings of the attraction vary with the floors you visit.
Best Time to Visit | Burj Khalifa
Weekday vs Weekend: The best time to visit Burj Khalifa depends on the experience you want. If you wish to watch the sunset, prepare to shell out more in ticket charges. Visit during the prime hours (4 PM to 6 PM) to catch the spectacular sunset. If you wish to visit without crowds, visit early in the mornings around 10 AM or in the evening before the attraction closes.
Peak Season vs Low Season: The best season to visit Dubai is during the winter season, from November to March. Winter is also the peak tourist season. Temperatures average between 17 to 30 degrees Celsius with chances of mild rain. April to May is also a good option but prepare to face temperatures as high as 38 degrees. You can also visit between September and October to avoid crowds. Summer starts in June and stretches to August, and it is ideal to avoid traveling during summers as average temperatures soar to 37 degrees Celsius.
Where is the Burj Khalifa?
How to Get to the Burj Khalifa?
Know Before You Go
- Luggage room to store bags and strollers
- Visitors parking inside Dubai Mall
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Photo kiosks
- At the Top Guest Ambassador facility to guide lost children
- Burj Khalifa At the Top experience is wheelchair accessible.
- Service animals are not allowed.
Burj Khalifa is a family-friendly destination. Kids can participate in the Schools At the Top interactive games.
Dubai Mall has other attractions like the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, the Dubai Fountain, an endless range of retail stores, restaurants, and so much more!
- Visitors are not allowed to wear shoes or any footwear with wheels.
- Visitors are banned from carrying weapons, aerosol cans, knives, firearms, pepper spray, etc.
- No food or drinks are allowed inside At the Top.
- Temperature checks are carried out for everyone before entry.
- Face masks are compulsory for all.
- Contactless payments are recommended for those who wish to purchase tickets at the venue.
- Carry your emirates ID card or passport for verification.
If you're looking for a place to stay that is close to this iconic building, here are a few options.
Ramada by Wyndham Downtown Dubai: An ideal choice for first-time visitors. Close to many outdoor cafes and shopping areas. (5 minutes away)
Rove Downtown: Three-star hotel near Zabeel Park that is popular with families. (7 minutes away)
Armani Hotel: A five-star hotel that comes with a spa, pool, and fine-dining options. (7 minutes away)
Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown: A four-star hotel with a great pool and spa. It is also pet-friendly. (8 minutes away)
Burj Khalifa Entrances
There is only one entrance to the Burj Khalifa. It is located on the lower ground of Dubai Mall. Once you enter the mall, follow the signs towards the attraction. You will find two elevators on the lower ground floor - one for those who have At the Top Burj Khalifa tickets and the other for those without. The latter includes restricted access to only some floors of the Burj Khalifa.
There are 2 main floors inside the Burj Khalifa that most people visit.
- Please bear in mind that adverse weather may result in the closing of the outdoor terrace.
- If you wish to see the sunset, make sure to book your tickets in advance .
- Guests who have access to At the Top and Burj Khalifa SKY can stay at level 148 for up to 30 minutes.
- Only Personal handbags and purses are allowed inside At the Top.
- Expectant mothers can visit the attraction at ease. The staff is always available for any additional help required.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled admission time.
Combo (Save 27%): Burj Khalifa At the Top + Dubai Aquarium Tickets
Combo (Save 14%): Burj Khalifa At the Top with Coffee + Dubai Frame Tickets
Combo (Save 35%): IMG Worlds of Adventure + Free Burj Khalifa At the Top with Coffee
Combo (Save 9%): Burj Khalifa + Dubai Aquarium + Dubai Frame Tickets
Combo (Save 9%): Burj Khalifa + Dubai Aquarium + Desert Safari Tickets
Combo (Save 12%): Burj Khalifa At The Top + Evening Desert Safari
Combo (Save 6%): Burj Khalifa + IMG World + Dubai Frame Tickets
Combo (Save 7%): Burj Khalifa At the Top with Coffee + Aquaventure Waterpark Tickets
Combo (Save 10%): Burj Khalifa At the Top with Coffee + Laguna Waterpark Tickets
Combo (Save 22%): Burj Khalifa At the Top with Coffee + Ice Rink Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting the Burj Khalifa
A. Burj Khalifa opening hours vary as per the attraction you choose. At the Top is open between Sunday to Thursday from 10 AM till midnight and on Friday and Saturday from 8 AM till midnight. At the Top Sky is open daily 12 PM to 10 PM.
A. Yes. You can book up to 10 tickets at a time.
A. Yes, Burj Khalifa is a family-friendly destination.
A. Yes, Burj Khalifa is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
A. The average duration of a visit to the Burj Khalifa is around 90 minutes.
A. Yes, the Burj Khalifa offers a beautiful bird's-eye-view of Dubai. You can also enjoy a ride in the world’s fastest elevator and take pictures from Dubai’s tallest vantage point!